What's new

Cleaning out inside my mod

jock1092

Achiever
So....
Decided my battered up paint on my main mod was getting a bit overly scratched up and took the choice to just sand it off and have it in a brushed metal look.
Got the sanding half done before I eventually clicked to the fact the dust had got well inside the mod. So then I decided to open it to clean and can't get the case to come off.
It's a smok r200 I opened the top and bottom, but that's as far as I can go, the buttons jam between the board and case so I don't want to force it incase I kill it.
I could live with desoldering the 510 and top battery connection to fully remove the top but I don't see that helping.
Any thoughts on what I should do? I know a good but of metal powder is on there so not putting batteries in.

Could you not blow the dust out of it with a tin of compressed air and a straw if both ends are open?

Or use a vacuum which you can reduce the nozzle down using a tube and tape.

So....
Decided my battered up paint on my main mod was getting a bit overly scratched up and took the choice to just sand it off and have it in a brushed metal look.
Got the sanding half done before I eventually clicked to the fact the dust had got well inside the mod. So then I decided to open it to clean and can't get the case to come off.
It's a smok r200 I opened the top and bottom, but that's as far as I can go, the buttons jam between the board and case so I don't want to force it incase I kill it.
I could live with desoldering the 510 and top battery connection to fully remove the top but I don't see that helping.
Any thoughts on what I should do? I know a good but of metal powder is on there so not putting batteries in.

What sometimes works is putting tape over the outer of the mod so the buttons stay in situ as you wriggle the board out. You might have to turn it tits down and lift the board up and away best you can. Might work might not but for me it usually does

So I got it from that video there is a locking plate for the fire button, that if not removed will tear the lcd screen apart to pass the button, and it slides out the top
Thanks for the help everyone I would have used compressed air but the thought of stuck aluminium in the board was enough for me to want to be 110% sure it was gone

Back
Top Bottom