What's new

RTA suggestions wanted

Vaping Hamster

Postman
Hi all,

Picked up a Griffin 22 a while back and after putting about a dozen builds through it I'm not very impressed.
I don't think it is my builds as I am using the same wire at similar resistances in my RDA's which are performing nicely in comparison.

I am after something that will give me good flavour rather than massive clouds and with so many option I am wondering what people can recommend.

Am mostly using twisted kanthall as I can't seem to get on with SS and although I love my Ni200 coils in my crown I want something I can build myself that is better.

Cheers, Hamster

I'm quite enjoying the merlin by augvape, single coil with plenty of room for claptons etc nice airflow

Kafun v5 (clone) and Serpent Mini are popular. I have them both and like them.

I appreciate that RTA's have moved on a bit, espesh the big bastard sub ohm ones, but you don't have to use the same builds in yir tank as a dripper.
Aye, my beloved angelic Serpent Mini has a fancy pants coil in it, but it's not a coil I run in my drippers. it just works better and gives better flavour in the Mini than it does in anything else.

Why can't you get on with SS? I'm having better luck with thinner SS - 0.4 and 0.45mm - and it's going all rather well, far better than the 0.5mm kit what I first tried.

Clouds = VCMT 25mm. Great tank with plenty of room to build..... Or you could go full on for the 30mm VCMT where there's room for a party on the deck.

I appreciate that RTA's have moved on a bit, espesh the big bastard sub ohm ones, but you don't have to use the same builds in yir tank as a dripper.
Aye, my beloved angelic Serpent Mini has a fancy pants coil in it, but it's not a coil I run in my drippers. it just works better and gives better flavour in the Mini than it does in anything else.

Why can't you get on with SS? I'm having better luck with thinner SS - 0.4 and 0.45mm - and it's going all rather well, far better than the 0.5mm kit what I first tried.

With the builds for my drippers I meant that I us tried the same builds in both but when used in the tank they were nowhere as good, maybe it was because I was using them in a tank and airflow isn't as good?

Been playing with a few different gauges of SS both round and ribbon and can seem to get them firing as smoothly pre built coils. I know TC will vary the power to ensure en even temp but they are going from a good throat hit to nothing then back again whereas my crown coils give a constant amount of vapour.

You'd be hard pressed to get similar flavor from a RTA that you get from RDAs due to the chimney. Closest flavor to drippers that you will find in an RTA are the likes of the Serpent Mini, Mage RTA or Griffin 25 Mini. Somehow the Kayfun v5 flavor is up there too (i've NFI how given how big it is!). Doubt it's anything to do with your build and the Griffin 22 is, by no means, a flavor attie.

Yeuch, TC...shudders....:28: :D
I'm running SS on a mech, so a lot less hassle getting the coils running evenly. I take it you've tried SS in power mode?

Aye, you can stick a big bastard coil in a dripper and with the expected amount of airflow, things will be fine. With less space inside the chamber for a RTA so a smaller coil/smaller coils should make a good difference. It's a 0.5 ohm coil in the Mini, so only about 35W goes thro it at best and it is fairly tasty vape.

But my knowledge of RTAs is limited to the Serpent Mini, other can actually advise further and far better. If in doubt see what Grimm Green sticks in an RTA and see how that works out!

Back
Top Bottom