What's new

Melo 111 mini tank problem!

jockney

Initiate
Has anyone had difficulty in detaching the base of this tank in order to replace the coil? I can't get the base off and I see postings about it from the US - somebody there said they took off the top and held the airtank with tweezers and were able to shift the base that way. If it's not one bloody thing it's another whenever I get stuff!!

I have had this issue myself on this tank - best options are rubber gloves to help in grip - but ultimately i have found the best solution for this is to put the whole thing in the freezer for a few minutes (the cold helps the metal contract and aids getting these to separate)

I keep meaning to buy some of these
CM-VT-2.jpg

I have had this issue myself on this tank - best options are rubber gloves to help in grip - but ultimately i have found the best solution for this is to put the whole thing in the freezer for a few minutes (the cold helps the metal contract and aids getting these to separate)

Thanks mate. The boy in Vapour Frog changed it for me - and he struggled, but was thankfully up for the challenge. Hopefully I'll manage it myself next time, bearing in mind your tips. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom