What's new

Poll: Do you save money by vaping instead of smoking?

Do you save money by vaping instead of smoking?

• Yes.

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • No.

Votes: 18 36.0%

• Total voters
If I didn't keep buying shiny new things then I probably would save money! Even liquid can be pricey when you keep trying out new stuff to find out if you like it. If I stuck to just liquid I needed and topping up on coils and rebuilding gear then I probably would be saving money.

I tend to have a vaping kit swapout every 18 months lol.

It costs a small fortune building up a collection of stuff I like each time, but then that kit is solid for a good while, so the costs kind of even out. Vaping is a hobby to me as well though, so I definitely spend far more than average.

With recent purchases, it's probably been around about the same cost as smoking lol. But, I gave up to be healthier, the additional cash is a bonus :). I have enough kit to last a good while now :). Hopefully my buying streak is at an end. (Provided people dont keep telling me to get this or get that pmsl :) ). I'm puttimg blinkers on and ear plugs in :D.

I'm 8 weeks in and normally at this point in between pay days (paid mid-month) I'm literally looking for pennies to buy my ciggies and lunch for work, I've still got money in the bank so yeah I'm saving money. My biggest problem is I'm a self-confessed gadget queen and money burns holes in my pockets so shinyitis is getting the better of me. I've made a deal with myself that I can't buy any hardware (coils count as consumables right?) until the vape expo in October and even then I haven't got a clue what I'm looking for, not sure if I'm ready to get into building and dripping but might try something along the lines of the dripbox that I can just buy ready made coils etc for

I diy, and apart from forking out quite a bit on mods/atty's concentrates and Nic base we have still only spent half of what we were spending on fags (£70 odd a week for me alone) plus the wife's 10-15 per day! 37yrs we smoked , and we'll never go back

Was spending £400 a month on vaping last year, probably at about £60 a month now, diy and don't have many setups. Best way to do it IMO. Had all the fancy arse stab wood, Damascus steel bollocks. It all looks great but doesn't perform any better than a good clone and cheap apv

But surely with the fancy arse stab wood mod, or Damascus steel , you are paying for the Mod Makers skills in producing their work. some of these guys spend weeks making one off exquisite in many cases works of art.

I think I'm probably breaking even. £20 a week smoking + cubans against learning/shinyitus, yeah I think I'm about even.

Back
Top Bottom