What's new

Kayfun Mini v3 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right after buggering around with the bloody thing when I thought I had started to make progress I just keep getting burnt wicks, I have tried numerous coils and used the best part of a quarter of a pack of cotton bacon!

Regardless of what I do I just can't get it wicking and at this point I've just had enough of the sodding thing! :banghead:

I'm convinced there's nothing wrong the tank I just apparently can't build anything on it that will work!

So if anyone who has already mastered one of these wretched things and wants a spare keep an eye on the classifieds :17:

@bix_vapes

I notice you used a 3mm bit - did you trim the wick tails? I find a 2.5mm coil has just the right amount of tail, a 3mm needs a bit of a trim. I'm talking about width/girth. Length wise, the tail ends should just be landing on the flat area at the bottom of the gulley where the holes are. I find I get the length just about right if I hang the talks over the edge of the gulley wall, with my scissors at 45°, cut while their tips are just above the first o ring...the gently nurse them into the gulley...

@bix_vapes

Have you got any 50 / 50 juice to try?

I've had trouble with one of my v3s even at 60 / 40 but it's been ok with 50 / 50 juice.

If you haven't got any pm me your address and I'll fire you 10 mls of 50 / 50 diy juice in the post.

When you tilt the attie do you see air bubbles coming out of on or more of the juice vents?

cheers

Gaz

@bix_vapes

I notice you used a 3mm bit - did you trim the wick tails? I find a 2.5mm coil has just the right amount of tail, a 3mm needs a bit of a trim. I'm talking about width/girth. Length wise, the tail ends should just be landing on the flat area at the bottom of the gulley where the holes are. I find I get the length just about right if I hang the talks over the edge of the gulley wall, with my scissors at 45°, cut while their tips are just above the first o ring...the gently nurse them into the gulley...
I've tried 3mm, 2.5mm and even 2mm. The best results i managed were with the 3mm. When I say best I mean not harsh and works alright for about 3 puffs and then the dry hits arrive!
+1

With muji, I take both off and use the Scottish roll wick (youtube it). It works great

Cotton bacon is easier though
I have been using cotton bacon most of the time but did use 3 pads of muji using the Scottish roll and still no joy!
@bix_vapes

Have you got any 50 / 50 juice to try?

I've had trouble with one of my v3s even at 60 / 40 but it's been ok with 50 / 50 juice.

If you haven't got any pm me your address and I'll fire you 10 mls of 50 / 50 diy juice in the post.

When you tilt the attie do you see air bubbles coming out of on or more of the juice vents?

cheers

Gaz
I did find an old 50/50 laying around and it was the only time I got the thing to play nice. The flavour wasn't as amazing as I was hoping (no better than my kabuki) but at least there were no dry hits.

Many thanks anyways tho mate :2thumbsup:

Thing is my main reason for picking one of these up was to run 60/40 and hopefully 70/30 as many people have said they had no issues with those ratios.

If I can only use 50/50 I'd rather use my kabuki as like I said the flavour didn't appear any better to my taste buds. I even run 60/40 with no issues in the kabuki using mini triton 1.2 ohm coils.

Without sounding ungrateful I've literally had enough of the thing at this point. Sick of giving myself a sore throat everytime I sit down and try build after build.

I do still want to get into RTAs (especially as I've invested in a tool kit and coil master) but if I keep on with the mini v3 I can see me getting completely put off and I'd rather not do that tbh.

As I said before many thanks to everyone who has tried to help and I'm sure most of you are just as frustrated as I am but I think it's time me and mini v3 go our separate ways :(

No worries m8...

I'm going to throw the cat among the pidgeons here and I'm not saying rush out and get one tomorrow but have a look at the Kfun 5. I've only got the authentic, but reading on here the clones are just as good. I've had no issues at all with the 5 even using 70 / 30 juice.

I feel your frustration and I wil be in the same boat as you next week as I will be trying a mesh buil / set up for the first time :):11::)

cheers

Gaz

No worries m8...

I'm going to throw the cat among the pidgeons here and I'm not saying rush out and get one tomorrow but have a look at the Kfun 5. I've only got the authentic, but reading on here the clones are just as good. I've had no issues at all with the 5 even using 70 / 30 juice.

I feel your frustration and I wil be in the same boat as you next week as I will be trying a mesh buil / set up for the first time :):11::)

cheers

Gaz
After my first week of constantly falling out with the Mini v3 I was secretly thinking I should have got a v5 :27:

Trouble is after another long weekend of faffing with the bloody thing I'm not sure I'd be able to look at another Kayfun deck without getting the urge to throw the thing out the bloody window!!!

Currently shortlist for my next attempt is a SXK Corolla, Rose v3 (if the clones turn out to be worth a look) and maybe........just maybe a Kayfun v5 once I have forgotten the last couple of weeks!

Best of luck with the mesh build! If I can't even get a Mini v3 to build to play nice from what I have read about mesh builds I would probably end up back on the fags!!!!

After my first week of constantly falling out with the Mini v3 I was secretly thinking I should have got a v5 :27:

Trouble is after another long weekend of faffing with the bloody thing I'm not sure I'd be able to look at another Kayfun deck without getting the urge to throw the thing out the bloody window!!!

Currently shortlist for my next attempt is a SXK Corolla, Rose v3 (if the clones turn out to be worth a look) and maybe........just maybe a Kayfun v5 once I have forgotten the last couple of weeks!

Best of luck with the mesh build! If I can't even get a Mini v3 to build to play nice from what I have read about mesh builds I would probably end up back on the fags!!!!
I understand your pain. I felt like this about the original Kayfuns for about 6 months. Vowed I'd never get another, or touch anything derived its wicking method - which rules out a lot of tanks.

It was only when I got an Aromamizer that I felt like I'd found a tank that wasn't a pain to wick. But that is a DTL tank.

It was only the new generation of Kayfuns that drew me back in. In the interim I learnt how to use mesh. It has a steep learning curve, but it really is for the lazy

Oh shit, I'm really sorry you've had such a hard time with the KF Mini V3. I don't blame you for throwing in the towel - you've tried really hard, and this is supposed to be fun! :(

If I can make one more suggestion ..... stick it in a drawer for a few weeks whilst you try something else. As you're learning to build, you might find a bit further down the line that you fancy having another go ..... and it won't be eating anything in the meantime. I'm about to give my Pico-S (my personal wicking nightmare) another try now I've had a break from it, maybe I'll master the bastard this time! :D

Oh shit, I'm really sorry you've had such a hard time with the KF Mini V3. I don't blame you for throwing in the towel - you've tried really hard, and this is supposed to be fun! :(

If I can make one more suggestion ..... stick it in a drawer for a few weeks whilst you try something else. As you're learning to build, you might find a bit further down the line that you fancy having another go ..... and it won't be eating anything in the meantime. I'm about to give my Pico-S (my personal wicking nightmare) another try now I've had a break from it, maybe I'll master the bastard this time! :D
I think crewella is bang on. You get to a point when you can't see the wood for the trees. A, we know it's a good en as it came from Rob. B, I've got two clones and an original and I can't get it too not work. So some time away from it may bring a revelation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom