What's new

Suggestion for sub-ohm mod and tank

triple_sec

Dear all,
since November 2015 I have been vaping using an iStick 30W and an Aspire mini Nautilus at 1.8ohm. I was overall happy with the device and my only complain was that I had to "suck" quite hard to get the amount of vapeur I wanted.
So one month ago I tried to move to sub-ohm vaping and bought an Innokin Coolfire IV TC100. Unfortunately I had a bad experience as all the 0.5ohm iSub coils I tried lasted one-full tank only (or slightly more). I tried all possible things: priming the coils appropriately, trying different types of coils but nothing. It does not make financial sense to me to change coils every single day (sometimes twice a day) and, reading on various websites, it seems like mine is not an uncommon problem. Bottom line: I cannot use the Innokin.

I would like to ask the forum what sub-ohm mod and tank you would recommend where the coils last a decent amount of time and that does not consume a huge amount of liquid.

Thank you!
Matt

I moved from the Naut Mini to the Kanger Subtank Mini. The new version has airflow that can be wide open or totally closed, and it has non-subohm coils of 1.2 or 1.5 which I use. I find the coils more consistent and better flavour than the Naut which is why I moved, and I tend to vape them around 15w, though I did have to drop down from 12mg to 6mg nic. There's newer shinier stuff on the market, but most thing requires much higher wattages. The subtank is a great step up from the Naut imo and I've found nothing to beat it yet.

I had the same setup as you originally (as well as a mini triton so I could vape different flavours) and made the transition to cf4 tc100 recently.
I hate the isub v tank it came with. Flavour and clouds were excellent with the ss coils. After a few days of perfect function, it started to leak catastrophically. It was replaced. The replacement was even worse.
So I got a tsunami 24mm.
And a limitless plus.
Job done :)

i see a pattern forming here :)
started with istick30/40 with mini nautilus and now only use full size nautilus and triton 2 for my mouth to lung hits.
first subtank was like above subtank mini V1 and still used 18 months later for my all day custard with istick40 with 1.2 coil at 18watts
i heard the subtank mini V2 wasnt as good but they are now being replaced with the newer toptank mini.

on my coolfire100 ive got the crown 1 and running at 50-55watts it does need charging quite often but the flavor is really good.
i used to rave about the cleito but since the crown 2 came out i rarely use the cleito now and class the crown 2 as my fave tank.

Dear all,
since November 2015 I have been vaping using an iStick 30W and an Aspire mini Nautilus at 1.8ohm. I was overall happy with the device and my only complain was that I had to "suck" quite hard to get the amount of vapeur I wanted.
So one month ago I tried to move to sub-ohm vaping and bought an Innokin Coolfire IV TC100. Unfortunately I had a bad experience as all the 0.5ohm iSub coils I tried lasted one-full tank only (or slightly more). I tried all possible things: priming the coils appropriately, trying different types of coils but nothing. It does not make financial sense to me to change coils every single day (sometimes twice a day) and, reading on various websites, it seems like mine is not an uncommon problem. Bottom line: I cannot use the Innokin.

I would like to ask the forum what sub-ohm mod and tank you would recommend where the coils last a decent amount of time and that does not consume a huge amount of liquid.

Thank you!
Matt

Stick a UD zephyrus on your cool fire. It'll adjust from tighter than your nauti, to more open than a subtank mini. Depending on the juice, you should get at least 3 weeks from stock coils. :)

Ditch the tanks with stock coils, get into rebuildables. Forget the term subohm, it's not a thing it's just a number ... you can build coils to any resistance you want in a decent RTA or RDTA and with variable airflow you can achieve the vape that you want.
Generally, the more airflow you have the more juice you're going to consume. Find the balance that suits you.

Should make you feel more comfortable that as well as MrDJ, I also started with the iStick 30w and Aspire tank.. back in Jan/Feb I think. Moved on to the TC100 with iSub V then Priv with TFV4 Micro. Now I use the Priv with both my TFV8 and Crown V2 tanks. Feel like I've got the perfect setups now, one for flavour and one for clouds.
If your coils are dying in just one day something is definitely not right. I had an issue in the past where my coils would only last 3-4 days and I thought that was bad. Your coil is struggling to keep up with your vaping. Are you chain-vaping or cloud-chasing? There's nothing wrong with that by the way, we're all victims of loving a good cloud chase on here haha. My advice would be to upgrade the iSub tank, perhaps something that can handle higher wattage. If you're looking for clouds I would definitely recommend one of the TFVs. And as I said earlier on, I use the Crown V2 for flavour and I love it. TC100 is an excellent mod and will power either of these tanks right up to 100w.

Stick a UD zephyrus on your cool fire. It'll adjust from tighter than your nauti, to more open than a subtank mini. Depending on the juice, you should get at least 3 weeks from stock coils. :)

Agreed - this is a great option.
I also like the Triton 2 - you can use it as a halfway house which I love. Put an Atlantis 2 1.0ohm coil in it and you get a MTL vape without having to draw hard. The coils will last around 3 weeks

Yup, the Innokin Isubs are pretty crap. The build quality of my Apex is shocking. The threads require significant effort to tighten or loosen and the airflow ring requires force as well. The coils last a week or so, but the trouble is, because of the side airflow design and the body of the actual coil not allowing any air around the coil at all, Imwas having to use stupid power/TC to get a decent vape. It is my worst tank!!!

All good suggestions above. If you go for the Kanger Subtank Mini option, get the Top Tank. Same design, just evolved with the top fill, far more convenient. Crown 2 also a damn good option, but larger. In a perfect world, have a top tank as your all day vape wherever you are, and have a crown 2 at home with some really good liquid ;).

Your mod is half decent already. No real need to replace that unless the battery is holding less charge or its in a poor condition lol ;). Hold off buying another mod for now and get 2 tanks instead hehe ;).

Back
Top Bottom