What's new

Therion dna75 vs hcigar vt133

If you make the jump, you won't regret it. Had mine a few weeks now and love it. My best out and about mod by far

It seems the Therion gets the thumbs-up around the bazaars as the best regarded DNA75 mod...ho hum, should've gone with my head and not allowed the heart to be seduced by looks <sniff, sniff>!!

If you dont vape high wattages the therion is a beauty and well built. I also have two vt133 and although not quite as pretty mine are both well built and great value for under £70.

1472260758418.jpg
1472260815930.jpg
1472260877493.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts Simon. My problem just now is that I don't know what wattage I'm going to be using...just now trying to find what works and what might suit. I bought the hcigar 75 VT because I wanted a go at TC vaping and understood the DNA chipped devices were the way to go, I wanted something reasonably compact and finally, the aesthetics - the Hcigar beats the Therion for me...could well have been a different story had I been able to see them in the metal, but not a chance round here.

That Hcigar 133 doesn't look a whole lot larger than the Therion, some extra grunt with the same/similar DNA chip set, perhaps that's were I should look next?

As I said before, I'll have a play with it and see what it can offer me, I'm on a pretty steep learning curve just now!

The 133 is almost the same size and weight but yes with extra grunt if you needed it. Can pick one up in the uk in silver black for under £70...about £65 with a code from ecig one. I prefer the black but thats from overseas although took only a week to arrive but is the same price.

The 133 is almost the same size and weight but yes with extra grunt if you needed it. Can pick one up in the uk in silver black for under £70...about £65 with a code from ecig one. I prefer the black but thats from overseas although took only a week to arrive but is the same price.
Stop it, please just stop it! If I carry on the way I have been in the last two weeks, it'll be two boiled eggs between three for Sunday lunch and a real possibility of war over who gets the yolks!

Seriously, I've got enough to be tinkering with - and learning from, without depleting my finances further....VT133 link bookmarked though!

Sorry mate. I was just trying to explain the options. Once you know what you vape at it will be easier but my experience of single battery mods is unless you Vape then very low they run out very quickly.

I didn't mean to be the bearer of bad news, sorry!

The weak battery issue is well-known with the DNA75; sadly a single cell, whether 18650 or 26650 struggles to provide 75 watts for long because of battery sag. I think whereas other 75 watt single cell mods 'pretend' to work the Evolv chip actually lets you know that your voltage is sagging below the minimum while you're firing the device.

You might like the VT75 if you're not going to push it past 50 watts, but be careful not to tighten the battery door too much or the c-frame will start developing gaps where it meets the shell. Just screw it in until the battery doesn't rattle anymore and don't go past that.

My other issue with the VT75 is that the removable 510 plate got stuck to my beloved Kayfun 5 and I had to spend hours getting them apart. I don't know why Hcigar decided to make the 510 plate removable but it screws off and might get stuck to your atomizer.

Overall it's a pretty device that let me down. I have the Therion now and I'd pick it over the VT75... sure the Therion would have been better as a DNA133 device but I still think it's the best DNA75 device available now. I think the DNA60 is much better suited to a single battery, and is quite small compared to the 75/200 chip which are the same size.

Right the DNA 75 chip weak battery message, ignore it Evolv are supposed to be doing a firmware upgrade that will prevent it showing up so early, If you use a DNA75 in temp control use escribe and alter the preheat to around 50 watts instead of 75 and the weak battery message doesn't appear till your battery is really low. next with VT75, dx75 and box 75 buy a bloody 26650 battery it will last all day at 40w and 240-260 celcius an 18650 is the issue with the DNA 75's they last a few hours just like the Lipo batteries in the DNA 200's like the 900mah in the lavabox. In truth the DNA's are meant more for temp control, so if you want to use wattage mode only just buy something like the rx 2/3 and use it in wattage mode only as it saves you money and works great.
I think evolv rushed the 75 chip hence its slight shortcomings

Sorry mate. I was just trying to explain the options. Once you know what you vape at it will be easier but my experience of single battery mods is unless you Vape then very low they run out very quickly.

I know Simon, your contribution with advice is appreciated - thank you:)

Back
Top Bottom