What's new

Avoid at all costs

I try to see if from the other point of view, that there is a lot of Vape gear and it's hard to know everything about every product, but am scratching my head at this one. The topbox is not exactly an unknown kit, nor is it particularly difficult to get to grips with - it's sold as a beginner kit for Cheesecake!

Sad. If I had not been sold a decent setup at the moment I was receptive to it, I probably wouldn't be on this forum, I probably wouldn't be vaping. That guy in that shop that one day was all the difference between someone discovering vaping, or someone walking out thinking "this just isn't for me". Or worse, someone getting injured from trusting someone not qualified to have trust put in them.

Personally I'd prefer to have someone say "ooh, you know what, I'm not 100% sure about that particular aspect, let me find out for you" than to give me potentially dangerous information.

Ugh when I first joined the Forum, when I was in Egypt, I was so jealous of everyone being able to walk into a b&m and actually test juice, talk to people who knew what they were doing, but now I'm glad that every step of the way I had you guys holding my hand instead.
Tbh I do think it's full blown out of order, temp control with ni200 is essentially a safety feature.

Shop staff need to understand the implications and the use of such things.

Went into a new vape shop that had just opened up
Asked them what RDAs they had in stock
He looked at me as if i had just grown horns
Walked straight back out.

I've been given poor advice at a B&M although it apparently had a good rep. 3 more have sprung up in a 3 mile radius of where I live and one seems to be pretty good (holding events etc although I've not been to one). What I can't understand is why they don't stock juices from well known vendors on here but stick to "premium" brands. Pretty sure they would have queues round the block if they did. Shop owners must be members of forums like this. I must be missing something......

Tobacconists would never sell you a load of bus tickets and an ounce of horse shit to smoke

:rotflmao:OMG choked on my drink when I read that! :rotflmao:
Then I thought...shame they don't, I'd never have started smoking in the first place had that been the case....which only goes proves your point I guess :D

How on earth are non vapers employed in a vape shop? And a smoker? Does he stand outside the shop smoking?

Even if the owner isn't a vaper, you'd think their priority would be to employ people who now their stuff - there can't be a shortage of vapers looking for work, and it's also very reassuring for customers to see the staff vaping.

I know mate. Ridiculous. Sad thing is they're busy too- Coolfire TC100 kits for £75. Ridiculous it is.
The standard of vape shops up here is atrocious, but having said that there seem to be very few vapers. I hardly ever see any.

I know mate. Ridiculous. Sad thing is they're busy too- Coolfire TC100 kits for £75. Ridiculous it is.
The standard of vape shops up here is atrocious, but having said that there seem to be very few vapers. I hardly ever see any.

where abouts are you ? last week i was in the west midlands & there was a vape shop in walsall flogging the wismec rx200 for £70.00 oh & but you did get a free 10ml bottle of cloud juice pmsl

his words not mine.

where abouts are you ? last week i was in the west midlands & there was a vape shop in walsall flogging the wismec rx200 for £70.00 oh & but you did get a free 10ml bottle of cloud juice pmsl

his words not mine.

Ironically I originate not far from Walsall but I'm in North Wales. They prey on the newbies some of them, then wonder why folk stop going in and start buying off the internet.

If you're in that neck of the woods again and have time go and check out Midlands Vaping in Dudley. That's a decent shop and they appear to look after their customers.

Sorry if I seem inflammatory here.
Whilst there are a few bad stories cropping up about B&M stores which is worrying I can't help but feel like you are partially responsible for the, so far, bad experience.
You say you persuaded her and recommended the kit. I am making the assumption you recommended the kit due to personal experience with it. If so, knowing the person is a total novice I feel it is your responsibility to help the person get started.
I don't want to seem like a dick but I feel it's common courtesy to help a person start something you persuade them to take up.

Sorry if I seem inflammatory here.
Whilst there are a few bad stories cropping up about B&M stores which is worrying I can't help but feel like you are partially responsible for the, so far, bad experience.
You say you persuaded her and recommended the kit. I am making the assumption you recommended the kit due to personal experience with it. If so, knowing the person is a total novice I feel it is your responsibility to help the person get started.
I don't want to seem like a dick but I feel it's common courtesy to help a person start something you persuade them to take up.

@Thom2022 I have no personal experience of the Topbox, I am just aware that it is a basic starter kit, ideal for beginners. My sister lives 70 miles away and with work and having a newborn baby, I don't get over to see her as much as I probably should. Whilst I have tried to offer her support by the means of a back and forth of pictures and messages on Whatsapp, it's not the easiest of things to explain. She was struggling to understand, so she said she would pop in there and ask them for some face to face advice.

Explanation enough?

Regardless of whether or not I gave her any advice at all. The B&M in question should not be giving out incorrect and potentially dangerous 'Advice.'

End of.

when i have introduced friends onto vaping i follow the same method i used, but unfortunately this involves cigalikes I find the e-lites etc do have a place before you get near tanks coils etc let me explain before I get shot down in flames.

i find its to do with how you smoke not vape the quick drag on a fag is completely different to using say cleito tank on a 50w mod.

plus you have the whole fill the juice in here change this coil set this do that do this etc

a very small setup point and click works for the un-educated ex-smoker even to test they are ready to give up and that's the key you must want to give up not just have a try.....

in regards to shops well, a few that i know may give a toss about the customer most don't until you spent a shed load of money then you become a regular "a mate" i pop into shops a lot in my travels the last one the owner spent 30mins slagging off the competition saying they were all wankers and how big he was, good move i bet the ceo of Barclays bank says the same to his customers it amazes me how shit b and m shops are becoming in a way I'm glad the tpd is here I hate parts of it but i hope it will cut out the shite

Back
Top Bottom