What's new

Rig V2 Clone Autofiring

It's fine to use provided the insulator is in place, even if it isn't attached.
You say you're trying to be safe yet you thought it was wise to remove the insulator in the first place!

It wasn't that I intentionally removed it. It was loose inside the tube and came out when I was putting it together. No video's i'd watched on assembling and building on the device mentioned a separate insulator, so I thought it was already built into the device.

It wasn't that I intentionally removed it. It was loose inside the tube and came out when I was putting it together. No video's i'd watched on assembling and building on the device mentioned a separate insulator, so I thought it was already built into the device.
I don't wish to sound like a dick but that kinda sounds worse. With a mech EVERY part serves a purpose (there aren't many) and if something drops out of one you can bet your arse it's necessary.

I don't wish to sound like a dick but that kinda sounds worse. With a mech EVERY part serves a purpose (there aren't many) and if something drops out of one you can bet your arse it's necessary.

Did you know that the insulator was built into your nemesis then when you got your first mech, or did you look for an insulator to pop into the top cap? I'll never make the same mistake, and obviously I'm not wanting to blow my hands off. Glad for the rest of you apes to point me in the right direction. We all start somewhere, and always something to learn!

I have a couple of mechs now and the key thing really is to give it a good look over and understand how it works before putting a battery in it, both of mine are actually quite different in that respect. ... how the battery sits, how the button works, how the top cap works, the adjustment etc. ... for me anyway once I knew how it worked I felt a lot safer. I'm pretty sure I could spot something potentially dodgy in a cheap clone now too. .... oddly enough I feel safer vaping my hybrid too, it just feels simpler and less to go wrong to me.

An ape who shall remain nameless has built me some coils for my mech. Just want to check they are safe because they seem a very low to me!

IMG_20160826_143743.jpg

Dual wrap parallel 24g ni80 and 24g 316 ss. 4 wraps. On the rig v2 with Samsung 25r. I calculate they will pull 43 amps and 153w. Definitely not safe.... As the battery is rated for 20a right?

An ape who shall remain nameless has built me some coils for my mech. Just want to check they are safe because they seem a very low to me!

View attachment 102137

Dual wrap parallel 24g ni80 and 24g 316 ss. 4 wraps. On the rig v2 with Samsung 25r. I calculate they will pull 43 amps and 153w. Definitely not safe.... As the battery is rated for 20a right?

What resistance are they coming out at?

Whichever fucknut has given a newbie mech user those wants shooting.

No. You can't build your own?

I built some twisted Kanthal, 28g, 5 wraps... duals coming out at .25. Pulling 14a 52w but there's a bit of a ramp up on them, don't get a lot of vape or flavour with that build on the mech as I do on my r200, so this user recommended building parallel ni80 and ss and sent these in the post for me.

I built some twisted Kanthal, 28g, 5 wraps... duals coming out at .25. Pulling 14a 52w but there's a bit of a ramp up on them, don't get a lot of vape or flavour with that build on the mech as I do on my r200, so this user recommended building parallel ni80 and ss and sent these in the post for me.
What about parallels? I find them to work very well in my mechs and I don't need to build super low.

You could also try a single coil, nothing wrong with that and can produce ample flavour and vapour.

Please though, do not use those coils coming in at 0.08 or 0.16. I want you to have fun while being safe, and with a mech you are the thing keeping you safe.

Back
Top Bottom