What's new

August 2016 Vendor of the month:

Who is your Vendor of the month for August 2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i still think we should run it. although i am concerned that people dont seem to be interested in voting....for a vendor to win with such a small turnout is frankly a little poo.....

i do get that it needs tweaking, but how im not so sure.....i agree to a certain extent that maybe we need to allow ALL vendors (even of theyve won already) to be entered, but i also get that some people will shout "fix" if the same few vendors win it, and theres nothing more that will wind me up if someone levelled that at me.....I'll see what Hedley '@junglist and @OccultScientist say as its not my decision to make....but im happy to run with whatever they have to say as i personally think its a very prestigious competition to win.....i mean...what vendor wouldnt want the POTV winning logo on there site? :D
If the same vendor wins over and over it just shows how good they are dude. I only dont vote as i use the app on android and cant see it maybe a link in the original post would help out.

If the same vendor wins over and over it just shows how good they are dude. I only dont vote as i use the app on android and cant see it maybe a link in the original post would help out.
totally get that....but theres others that would cry foul....and im fucked of i wanna tarnish POTV's good name with a few wankers calling "foul" because the same few vendors win every month....not everyone thinks like you fella....wish they did

Good idea. Maybe it would in fact be easier to use the POTV website as opposed to the web version of the forum, easier to load on a phone but as you say a link in the first post for mobile users would help.
Like you, I bet loads of apes would like to vote but the app blocks voting so people don't bother and also the app doesn't even let you see how it's going so app users are really in the dark.

Was concerned also (for all nominees) about the low turnout. The offer by mods to cast votes for apes only on mobile app could be advertised more?
Perhaps Sept vote should wait until after the Raffle though, everything will get sidelined by that. Have you seen the prizes?!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D i have and maybe your right mate

i still think we should run it. although i am concerned that people dont seem to be interested in voting....for a vendor to win with such a small turnout is frankly a little poo.....

i do get that it needs tweaking, but how im not so sure.....i agree to a certain extent that maybe we need to allow ALL vendors (even of theyve won already) to be entered, but i also get that some people will shout "fix" if the same few vendors win it, and theres nothing more that will wind me up if someone levelled that at me.....I'll see what Hedley '@junglist and @OccultScientist say as its not my decision to make....but im happy to run with whatever they have to say as i personally think its a very prestigious competition to win.....i mean...what vendor wouldnt want the POTV winning logo on there site? :D
I agree i think it should be run for September. I don't see how it would clash with the raffle unless there's something obvious im missing?

Not sure I agree with allowing previous winners to be entered again. I wouldn't be one to shout fix but really would some of the previous small vendors have had a chance if the bigger boys weren't taken out of the equation. It's nice to give them the recognition they deserve and hopefully boost their sales. The vendor of the year would allow all previous winners the chance of an overall badge of honour.

Just my two pence :)

Oh and is it the fact that you can't vote on the app causing the low numbers?

For as long as I've been here the fact you can't vote on the app hasn't mattered, people voted on the thread and the mods have always added them to the poll. The turnout has been getting pretty piss poor tbh, wish I had a suggestion.

I use the site not an app, I do use the new posts button but only found vendor of the month by accident, maybe a way to make it more prominent would help. I mean I just stumbled upon it one day and I have been using the site a fair bit.

Last edited:
Is it worth starting a general thread to find out what the general consensus is regarding voting and the poor participation? Maybe get some ideas on how to raise the profile of the monthly nominations and awards. We've got a really good group of vendors on here that go out of their way to provide us with good quality juice at reasonable prices. The least we can do as a community is show them the recognition they deserve.

Explains it especially when someone has nominated a vendor but they get zero votes???

I can't speak for POTV's stats obviously, but if our data is anything to go by then alienating mobile users would account for a significant lack of activity - desktop accounts for about 45% of our web traffic.

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 19.25.13.png

What are the current rules regarding vendors that have won? Are they ever allowed to be nominated again? Are they allowed the following year? Perhaps some kind of cooldown period would be a good idea (3 month / 6 month etc.) so that good service can continue to be celebrated without the same company winning month on month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom