What's new

Best vape kit for flavour?

Mesh builds, small chimney, mtl/restricted lung. Flavour, flavour, flavour.

...... my motto is if it doesn't taste good in a nautilus, it won't taste good in anything.

That's not to say it's the best flavour for everything but if I put it in the nautilus and I like it then I know I'll like it in any of my tanks.

In my limited experience...

dripping more flavour than tanks (velocity vs most sub-ohm tanks)
restricted/MTL more flavour than DL (Nautilus mini vs Atlantis)
less clouds more flavour than more clouds
smaller chimney more flavour than longer chimney (Melo III mini vs Melo III)

There are a few RDTA that are currently available that are trying to encapsulate the best of a lot of worlds Limitless Plus RDTA but if you're after flavour as a priority the general concensus is that the classics are still the best.

Some examples:

Aspire Nautilus Mini
http://www.aspirecig.com/products/tank-series/tank156.html

Kayfun Mini v3
http://www.cremedevape.com/Kayfun-Mini-V3-by-SvoeMesto

Pico RTA
https://www.cyclonevapes.com/collections/promist-vapor-pico/products/pico-rta

If this is in relation to your diy mixing @vaporiser ... the nautilus mini would be my test tank .... if it works in that I'd know it would be amazing in my Kayfun or Rose and would be great in the Kabuki and basically would work well in anything I own. ... if it tasted a bit iffy in the nautilus, I could imagine it may taste even worse in the Kayfun as it could highlight the 'bad' tastes even more.

I disagree. I believe it is down to each individual as to how sensitive all their "taste" cells are and where they are. It's not just tongue, it's nose, throat, sometimes lips and the combination of these with the quality of the carrier nerves that take all the information to your brain which is where the taste is decided on.
Depending on your health (stuffed nose? you won't taste much etc) and your sensitivity to smell/taste, you may need to savour the vape more in your mouth in small dense amounts or you may prefer to utilise larger amounts of vapour and simultaneously experience the various flavours as the vapour travels in and around you.
Unless you're vaping a single flavour juice, it's difficult to compare set ups. I prefer good blended juice with lots of different flavours and aromas so different set ups and vaping techniques will emphasise different aspects of the blend.
A few recent sensible explanations on here about why people enjoy mechs makes absolute sense to me (but I have no interest in using one). As the voltage varies the vape changes so you may get to taste many different aspects.
Or just train your senses and use any half decent set up and vary the power of the vape to suit the juice and what aspect of the juice you prefer.
Taste is just an accumulation of comparisons built up over your lifetime.
So whatever you find that gives you your "best" taste experience is the one that's "best" for you.

I also think that when you start vaping and in most cases give up smoking your taste changes quite a lot. I'm cig free for nearly 9 months now and its been a bit of a roller coaster ride. I'm just getting use to serving my new tastes.
But when all's said and done. Mini serpent is a very forgiving tasty tank.

As with some of the others above, I'm only interested in flavour and so have stuck with MTL tanks like the Nautilus, Kayfuns, Taifuns and the Pico using plus ohm builds and 50/50 juice, and am venturing into using mesh. I know a lot of people use drippers for flavour, which is a whole other ball game, but I need to use tanks for convenience and what I do works for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom