What's new

Flat top vs button top

vapemac

Veteran
Quick question guys. What's the difference between flat top and button top batteries?

Quick question guys. What's the difference between flat top and button top batteries?
only mod I remember that ONLY took button tops was the provavri mini...you can buy small magnets to convert a flat top cell into a button top should you need to..

Exactly as it sounds ! Buttons are normally used in flashlights and other consumer electronics.... Probably safer than flattops because you have a protruding positive. Same performance, same cell.
efest-imr-18500-1100mah-lithium-battery-button-top-or-flat-top-606-700x700.jpeg

only mod I remember that ONLY took button tops was the provavri mini...you can buy small magnets to convert a flat top cell into a button top should you need to..
I'm guessing that the majority of mods are spring loaded and it wouldn't matter whether you used a flat top or button battery? Would it matter more in a mech?

I'm guessing that the majority of mods are spring loaded and it wouldn't matter whether you used a flat top or button battery? Would it matter more in a mech?
I think your better off with flat top cells as most mods are designed to take them and that extra couple of mm might be too much for some mods and strain the connectors in the sled a bit on entry and removal..... No innuendo intended

Back
Top Bottom