What's new

RDA/mod combo questions

Vaping Hamster

Postman
Hi all, someone suggested I repost this here as its slightly more advanced than the newbie threads.

I have added a few pics and some more detail following a couple of replies.

I have been Vaping with my VF Stout and a Crown tank for a while now (0.15 Ni200 pre made coils at around 450F) and recently started trying out my own coil builds on RDA's to try something a bit different.
So far I have had reasonable success with a Druid RDA and some good results from a Buddha RDA - both have 22mm decks as anything bigger just looks silly in the stout and someone suggested bigger decks wouldn't work so well with it.

I am Vaping the RDA's at around 40W and if I ramp up a bit more to say 50-55W I starting to lose flavour and I think start to burn the juice slightly (it's definitely not burnt cotton I'm tasting)
I'm using kanthall a1 24ga with between 7-9 wraps depending on the build and geek freaks original cotton which are working ok for me, I tried dual Clapton coils (pre made and installed by the shop I bought the Druid from 28ga + 32ga with Ni80 core)but was getting the burnt taste even down at 30W.

My question is even though I am using just under half the available wattage in my stout are there any benefits to getting a more powerful device like an RX200 or even a DNA200?

My googling has left me slightly confused as it seems like these types of mods not only go up to a higher wattage (not something I'm hugely bothered about) but also regulate things a bit better and allow for larger decks - at least that's how I read it.

So I suppose what I am really asking is will I get a better vape from one of the above mods than with my stout and if so how/why is it better?
Should I expect to be able to ramp up to higher watts on my current setup without the burning taste I mentioned or am I just assuming high wattage is the norm Oman RDA? (I tried a Kanger dripbox from a friend that I think is a fixed 60W output which may be what's confusing me)
Would a bigger deck like a temple in theory work with the stout and allow bigger/more complex coils like claptons or again will a different mod be needed?
I am looking for flavour over clouds so is there another RDA I should be looking at.

NB - My kanthall build that works ok at around 40W I didn't take a pic of the Clapton set up but it fired evenly and looked pretty spot on.

IMG_1241.JPG

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1244.JPG

Sorry for the barrage of questions and I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Cheers, Hamster

Back
Top Bottom