What's new

New to vaping

justlewey

Hello,

I'm new to vaping (as in days). New to POTV too. Trying to get my head around all the different mods, coils...etc

Welcome to the wonderful and confusing world of vaping which, unfortunately, does not come with a manual. We have a new users question section and feel free to ask anything you like big or small. :)

Hi and welcome to the Planet.
you WILL get confused with all the lingo but you pick it up quite quick. and of course theres plenty of billy no mates always on here to advise.

pull up a chair and no talking in class.
the 2 main questions we usually are asked is what is MTL/M2L and DTL/D2L

MTL / M2L / mouth to lung is similar to smoking. you inhale into your mouth and then take down into your lungs and then exhale.
this style can use much higher nicotine strength. most of us started on 18mg but you can get 20mg and soon to be banned 24mg
the coils used for these tanks are 1.2, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8
this style is used on much lower wattage and average is 12-14watts
average liquid ratio is 50VG/50PG but some use 70/30.

DTL / D2L / direct to lung sub ohming is totally different and not recommended for beginners or those just giving up the cigs.
when you inhale the vape doesnt stop in the mouth first like above but is inhaled directly to the lungs (similar to sucking on a thick mc d milkshake).
this style uses much lower nicotine and the average is 3mg and most 6mg. some can take higher but god knows how.
coils used are 0.5, 0.25 or similar.
this style is used at much higher wattage. the average is 50watts but some tanks can go upto 200watts. ive maxed at 150watts so far.
this style uses higher VG juice so makes bigger clouds. average is 70/30, 80/20, 90/10

the PG holds the throat hit and flavor and the VG makes the clouds.

Hi all, I'm similarly confused. Bought a mod to stop smoking (am10) that was awful. Then a vapito P1 which turned out to be a fake item. Stuck with it and was gifted with a K4 as a replacement for the dodgy P1.

Hi and welcome to the Planet.
you WILL get confused with all the lingo but you pick it up quite quick. and of course theres plenty of billy no mates always on here to advise.

pull up a chair and no talking in class.
the 2 main questions we usually are asked is what is MTL/M2L and DTL/D2L

MTL / M2L / mouth to lung is similar to smoking. you inhale into your mouth and then take down into your lungs and then exhale.
this style can use much higher nicotine strength. most of us started on 18mg but you can get 20mg and soon to be banned 24mg
the coils used for these tanks are 1.2, 1.5, 1.6, 1.8
this style is used on much lower wattage and average is 12-14watts
average liquid ratio is 50VG/50PG but some use 70/30.

DTL / D2L / direct to lung sub ohming is totally different and not recommended for beginners or those just giving up the cigs.
when you inhale the vape doesnt stop in the mouth first like above but is inhaled directly to the lungs (similar to sucking on a thick mc d milkshake).
this style uses much lower nicotine and the average is 3mg and most 6mg. some can take higher but god knows how.
coils used are 0.5, 0.25 or similar.
this style is used at much higher wattage. the average is 50watts but some tanks can go upto 200watts. ive maxed at 150watts so far.
this style uses higher VG juice so makes bigger clouds. average is 70/30, 80/20, 90/10

the PG holds the throat hit and flavor and the VG makes the clouds.
I've gone straight that way, and it suits me. I have an aspire K4 as a replacement for a fake mod. What should I look to as an up grade? I'm using 0.3 liquids and enjoying the cloud bit. I'm also enjoying not smoking 30 cigs a day. Please advise

Hi There and "Welcome Aboard!" :)
You'll soon find that after a bit of reading on here that things will become clearer. The terms used do appear to be a Foreign Language when you first get into vaping, but fear not and NEVER forget, we have ALL been exactly where you find yourself and we all learned in the same way that you will.
There is NO stupid question............ Apart from the one that doesn't get asked!!:2thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum.

Theres people at all different levels of vaping so theres no such thing as a stupid question. Vape safe and enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom