What's new

Newbie too rba's help please

katiebell

Initiate
Hi guys have been vaping 6 months and recently come over to the sub side lol. Got a kangertech mini and coil went the other day so as my local vape shop was shut and didn't have another coil decided to use the pre built 0.5 rba. Wicked and away i went. So now thinking of using the rba full time but i know nothing of ohm law or whatever else and want to make sure i do it safely can any one help me out please. TIA x

You want an app such as steam engine if you have an android phone others are available but that the one I have always used

You'll input info such as

Type of wire (kanthal etc)

Single coil/dual coil etc

The resistance you want your coil/coils to be ie. 0.5ohms

Inner diameter of the coil ie. Diameter of the object you wrap you coil around

Also once you have wrapped your coil and screwed the legs under the screws and in place ensure it doesn't touch the chimney section that screws on to cover the coils, if so adjust appropriately.
I haven't had any of the subtank for a long time so unsure of the best wicking method but either someone on here will be able to tell you, alternatively watch a YouTube video to find out.

Hi guys have been vaping 6 months and recently come over to the sub side lol. Got a kangertech mini and coil went the other day so as my local vape shop was shut and didn't have another coil decided to use the pre built 0.5 rba. Wicked and away i went. So now thinking of using the rba full time but i know nothing of ohm law or whatever else and want to make sure i do it safely can any one help me out please. TIA x

You will also need to know the upper and lower ohm limit of your mod and how much power it puts out. No good building a coil that won't fire at 50watts or 100 etc.
Watch youtube for coil building.. A LOT! I am not kidding A LOTTA LOT!

Then you decide if you want flavor, clouds, both.. different coils for different spoils.*just made that up.. but true. Different coils give different results*

I've come to the conclusion, that now I can build a coil that will fire on damn near anything, including a 1.5 aaa cell.. (though i wouldn't actually try it.. battery would heat up to fast and go boom)

http://www.steam-engine.org
here you will find ohms law, coil and wire building tools, etc. I use it for nearly every coil and specifically when someone says.. "I have this box, and need a coil build that will give .. whatever result" (such as a 0.8 ohm coil that runs at below 16watts) Specifically, I wanted to use my kanger toptank mini on my vplum battery because vplum doesn't have rebuildable coils.... sooooo...

If are unsure ask your local shop to show you how to build and wick it correctly, or may be a fellow ape is local to you that is willing to give you a master class on building/ohms law ect/useing steamengine.

If are unsure ask your local shop to show you how to build and wick it correctly, or may be a fellow ape is local to you that is willing to give you a master class on building/ohms law ect/useing steamengine.
I'll do a video if needed. Only takes a couple minutes.

which mod do you have? How many watts?

The Emperor will be pleased...

Back
Top Bottom