What's new

What is this vaping you speak of?

monstermash

Achiever
Well I'm in the final couple days of the family holiday to the Balearic beauty that is is Ibiza and I've encountered 2 twenty something local female smokers that have never seen nor heard of vaping and wanted me to explain what it's was and what it does and also were reassuringly appalled that the EU are actively trying to put the kybosh on it.

Although there is 1 vape shop here (apparently) I am pretty appalled myself that they are killing themselves softly whilst unaware of the alternative - and also that Britain did the right thing kicking Jean Clod Wanker in the cojhones with the Brexit vote.

Long live Britania

Well I'm in the final couple days of the family holiday to the Balearic beauty that is is Ibiza and I've encountered 2 twenty something local female smokers that have never seen nor heard of vaping and wanted me to explain what it's was and what it does and also were reassuringly appalled that the EU are actively trying to put the kybosh on it.

Although there is 1 vape shop here (apparently) I am pretty appalled myself that they are killing themselves softly whilst unaware of the alternative - and also that Britain did the right thing kicking Jean Clod Wanker in the cojhones with the Brexit vote.

Long live Britania

Aye, that's the way of things. Could be worse though, in china you can be imprisoned for selling or using an ecig. :)

My understanding is that the UK is miles ahead of most other EU countries when it comes to vaping. Although some countries have much tighter vape laws, I don't really understand why the UK took to it so easily, and in others it's almost unknown.

My understanding is that the UK is miles ahead of most other EU countries when it comes to vaping. Although some countries have much tighter vape laws, I don't really understand why the UK took to it so easily, and in others it's almost unknown.

Certainly seems to be the case here that's for sure. The wait stAff at the hotel are accustomed to it but the general population deffo not

I don't really understand why the UK took to it so easily, and in others it's almost unknown.

Price I think. In the UK smoking is very expensive, boosting the appeal of vaping. More people are interested, more shops open, more people try it, you see it around more often. Plus you now have the NHS supporting it.

On the other hand, smoking is very cheap in Spain so the average Spanish smoker will probably not be interested from a financial perspective, and it seems vaping is still demonised by the Spanish medical establishment - I had a chat in the pub with a Spanish guy last week who said his doctor in Spain advised him that "vaping was still smoking" and there were "no studies" on the health effects of vaping. I admit it's unfair to assume this level of ignorance applies to most Spanish doctors, but unbelievable nonetheless.

I don't really understand why the UK took to it so easily, and in others it's almost unknown.

Indeed, an unusual amount of common sense from the government. They must have received a collective blow to the head ! lol

Back
Top Bottom