What's new

Vapers blowing before inhaling

andre forest

Postman
So I've noticed from some people on youtube and vapers I see day to day, that some people will blow on their vape while firing it before taking an inhale, so vapour comes out of the airflow holes of their tank.
Usually a quick blow and then taking a drag without removing their mouth from the mouthpiece.

So my question is this: Why are these people doing that? Is there a reason or benefit to giving a little blow before inhaling on a vaporiser? I tried doing it myself a few times and can't really tell any difference or see the point yet I notice a lot of people doing it.
Only reason I can think of is firing a little before taking an inhale to warm the coils up, but then wouldn't blowing just be cooling it down? Wouldn't it be better to simply press the fire button for maybe a half a second before inhaling be better?
Also when I tried it I ended up getting some condensation from the vapour out of the air holes on the top of my mod, or even a little liquid if I've primed a little too much. Considering there's a lot of electronics in there and they aren't sealed against moisture, surely this can't be good?

Also surprised no one's made a "waterproof" or at least sealed mod yet, considering the risk of leaks. I've had eliquid find it's way onto my batteries when I spilled some while dripping and panicked thinking I was going to short the battery which would then explode and kill me and everyone in a 5 mile radius and people would think I was a suicide bomber. Ok slight exaggeration but I was still worried about damaging the battery or mod. Generally a quick dab with some kitchen roll cleans up the mess but I do worry sometimes

I've also noticed a couple of reviewers blowing before the inhale too. Can't think of a reason and find it a bit odd. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if someone can enlighten us :)

Whether it is useful or not, or just has imaginary usefulness many vapers have got into the habit of doing this. I do it myself sometimes.
The main reason for doing it, I suppose, is doing the micro exhale down the drip tip before inhale whilst ramp up time is in progress and the coil is in full vaporisation mode before the toke.
Others have found that it helps prevent gurgling and/or dry hits ( again a reality benefit or simply placebo?)

Commented on exactly this before ... some vapers complain about condensation around the AFC, or even what they say is leaking ... and are doing this, effectively reversing the airflow of the atty to presumably cope with a lack of ramp up. It's just a waste of juice for the sake of a slightly bigger cloud.
Not sure that I buy the gurgling prevention idea, @cheersm8 , nor dry hit prevention.

I don't exhale but i have found myself getting into the habit of doing a couple mini inhales before I do the big one. Not sure why.

I noticed that one, but didn't used to it. Simple : inhale straight away to the lungs, and exhale bloody dense cloud. Happy vaping ☺☺☺

I wish they were made a little more water resistant ... I get a bit paranoid when it's raining.

I sometimes blow when I've switched juice seems to bring new flavour through on subsequent inhale.

Back
Top Bottom