What's new

FA concentrates help.

oinkerz

Postman
Afternoon ladies and gents, So i decided to give Flavor arts concentrates a try after seeing two recipes i liked the sound plus the low %'s mean for more juice. So the problem i have is the juice has been steeping for a little over 2 weeks now and all i am getting when i try it is harsh juice with next to no flavor at all. I was going to have a play around and increase the %'s later today but thought why not gets some advice from my fellow apes.

So the recipes are:

Cherry lips
Black Cherry 1%
Cherry 1%
Ylang Ylang 0.5%
Both mixed at 80vg/20pg 3mg Nic.
Melon Mix
Water Melon 2.5%
Cantaloupe 2.5%
Peach 1%

To me these % seem very very low but, i know with FA they say to use it lower than most and hey these are recipes i found online that some one likes so thought it would be a good starting point. So as said above i have a batch of each that have been sat in a dark draw for just over 2 weeks and all i get is a harsh throat hit and no flavor but they smell amazing. Do i need the leave them a little longer or tweak the recipes? Your thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated my fellow apes!

I've just started mixing but I've tried FA peppermint and custard as one shots,the peppermint was nice as a shake n vape,so I mixed a few 50mil bottles and after 2 weeks flavor had diminished,
I left the custard to steep for 3 weeks and found flavor is fine but very harsh throat hit I mixed both @5% 3mg in a pg30/70vg mix. I've used there creams in other recipes and not had any issues.
Not sure if it helps!
But I'd up your % and maybe try the flavors individually to see which one is causing the harsh throat hit

I've found Flavourart to be no stronger than any other brand and mix at up to 20%.

It could be that my taste buds are fooked and I can't pick anything out below that. It could also be to do with expectation - some people may be happy with a hint of flavour.

I've been mixing with FA concentrates for quite a while now. To me they are, generally speaking, much more potent than other brands, but there is quite a variance in potency throughout the range. I'm not surprised to read that your recipes there are weak, for instance, although I'm a little surprised the cantaloupe didn't come through at 2.5%.

Anyway, I have found that single test mixes at 5% with FA concentrates are useful. Some will blow your head off at 5% whereas some others are weak at that level.

What surprises me most is that you report a harsh throat hit ... an 80VG/20PG 3mg juice should not be harsh at all, especially with only 2.5% and 6% flavour in total. Something is wrong there. Where did you buy your diluents and nic from?

Secondly, as @Mr Numpty says, FA concentrates are very concentrated but vary from flavour to flavour quite a bit. When I started out mixing I would try to learn each concentrate and flavour first, as a single flavour mix of 5 or 10mls. Only once I had the % the way I liked it would I then attempt to blend them. Other people's recipes are for other people's taste buds, always treat them as a starting point.

Finally, as they're all fruit flavours, neither mix should require more than 48 hours maturation time. No need for a week in a drawer before you sample one and they're highly unlikely to improve over time.

... one last thought ... are you measuring out using syringes, or by weight or by drops?

Last edited:
Thank you all for the replies. I buy all my base from darkstar never had a problem before with throat hit/harshness, i do have some different juices mixed with same base that i know should be spot on as i have made it before so i could try that see if i get a throat hit with that then i know its one of my base ingredients and then i can try both pg/vg see if they seem iffy if not i know its the Nic. I do all my mixing by weight using a set of scales that weigh down to 0.00g, Think i will mix all of them seperate are 5% and test them and work it out from there.

Thanks once again for the advice.

EDIT: Just a quick after thought, I have a ultrasonic cleaner that is heated think its worth me throwing it in there see if it helps? I never normally use it for anything but cleaning, I have seen bits on using them for steeping juice though.

Where abouts did you get it from pal? To me, harsh throat hit at 3mg 80/20 is screaming bad nic but because it's new it shouldn't be bad......another thing to consider could be the flavourings, the pg in them may have gone bad

Also, a little trick I've found is to add a bit of sweetener if it's not too harsh, that can kind of rescue it. But all depends just how harsh it is to begin with

Back
Top Bottom