What's new

Latest Advice in Relation to TPD

@ossettbob You and many other apes have and continue to supply the less informed of us to the TPD saga. Prior to starting to Vape a few weeks ago I had never actually heard about this legislation and the effect it would have on the Vaping community. As a long term smoker I wasn't even aware of the effect it would have on me while still on the cigs. Thanks to this site I am now more informed.

Keep posting, we may not always answer but we definitely read them.

As for e-liquids - am I correct in thinking they can still sell larger volumes of 0% nic ?
So nicotine could be added, although this would dilute the flavour but might be a work around in that they could sell a range of concentrations suitable for the addition of 24/18/12/6 mg nicotine PG ?

As for e-liquids - am I correct in thinking they can still sell larger volumes of 0% nic ?
So nicotine could be added, although this would dilute the flavour but might be a work around in that they could sell a range of concentrations suitable for the addition of 24/18/12/6 mg nicotine PG ?
This is a good workaround - though sadly only for informed vapers

Not so good for the newbie entering vaping who will just want to squeeze and go.

This is a good workaround - though sadly only for informed vapers

Not so good for the newbie entering vaping who will just want to squeeze and go.
Indeed and the whole thing relies on having a stash of nicotine, which would be strictly controlled anyway so yes, would only work for vapers.

Its effin ridiculous, I have a freezer full of nicotine now, a compulsion to stockpile tanks and no feckin money left - like some mental vaping doomsday prepper.

How hard is it to put 40ml nic vg in a 50ml bottle, and 10ml concentrate and sell as a bundle to mix at home?

^jaimonkey - You wont be able to sell 40ml nicotine liquid though and you cant sell 72mg per litre concentration either - I think the max is 18 or 20 - so it would be very dilute when mixed in any quantity

How hard is it to put 40ml nic vg in a 50ml bottle, and 10ml concentrate and sell as a bundle to mix at home?
ITs not .. for us

think back to a new vapour lets hypothetically say some 67 year old dude who has decided to quit smoking

He's read the papers, the scare mongering about nicotine and the horror stories about exploding batteries and the daily mail guidelines on how dangerous Eliquid can be if it sits in the same room as you with the top off.

He is not going to want to add any amount of anything to anything without feeling paranoid if he's done it right .. think back to your first mix, in fact I can remember when I fist got my very first bottle of e-liquid and the paranoia and constant hand washing if I happened to drip any on my fingers.

for the person entering into vaping - they for the most part (not everyone, but the majority I would think) are not going to want to be come home chemists.

ITs not .. for us

think back to a new vapour lets hypothetically say some 67 year old dude who has decided to quit smoking

He's read the papers, the scare mongering about nicotine and the horror stories about exploding batteries and the daily mail guidelines on how dangerous Eliquid can be if it sits in the same room as you with the top off.

He is not going to want to add any amount of anything to anything without feeling paranoid if he's done it right .. think back to your first mix, in fact I can remember when I fist got my very first bottle of e-liquid and the paranoia and constant hand washing if I happened to drip any on my fingers.

for the person entering into vaping - they for the most part (not everyone, but the majority I would think) are not going to want to be come home chemists.

Yup
Can I ask - will manabush still be selling larger bottles of 0% nicotine liquid ?

ITs not .. for us

Thanks for making 67 yr old sound really old lol. I started vaping at 69 after heart attack so I must be classed as ancient !. Mind you, I don`t mix my own liquids. Wife moans about me claiming a cupboard & 2 drawers in the kitchen & the freezer is hers. Anyway, I can`t be arsed. However, the guy in my local vape shop says that, when the time comes, he will put 30ml or the quantity I want of my favourite mix along with 10ml bottle of nic on the counter (the nic is not a vapable product so it`s not covered by TPD). I can then take home & mix or do it in the shop. He can watch me do the mix, give me advice & it`s ok as long as he`s not doing it. So I`m quite happy.

Wasnt meant to make the age sound old dude ... just a random hypothetical situation!

In truth I thought it would be more likely a 67 year old actually read the papers than an 18 year old :)

Back
Top Bottom