What's new

Samsung 25R Single - £3.95 / Double - £7.74

Reasonable to ask that. Ecolux gives his test results which are useful so you can compare manufacturer claims and Norb's own findings. Still down to each of us I think to decide what's best.

Perhaps Fogstar will take you up on this. Of course, no-one would buy Efest 18650s then ... we don't want things too easy either, spoils the fun and the arcane insider knowing looks side of this vaping mallarkey.
#ohms&milliampsbro
Nope have to disagree in part.. as a newish vaper with no real understanding of ohms law when I got into mechs and rebuildables... anything that stops someone else turning a mod into a pile bomb by mistake is a good thing... I remember when I started vaping it was all about safety circuit batteries not safer chemistry ones... yes I found out fairly quickly that they are less safe.. am sure not everyone knows this still but am glad that has improved... but in terms of trade off batt life vs safety yep depends on what you will throw at it amongst other things.... so batt capacity vs continuous amp rating.. all good!

@Ben fogstar am I right in seeing the efest listed on your site are the new "metallic" ones, are they truer to their ratings than the previous ones, as I've heard they have improved

Nope have to disagree in part.. as a newish vaper with no real understanding of ohms law when I got into mechs and rebuildables... anything that stops someone else turning a mod into a pile bomb by mistake is a good thing... I remember when I started vaping it was all about safety circuit batteries not safer chemistry ones... yes I found out fairly quickly that they are less safe.. am sure not everyone knows this still but am glad that has improved... but in terms of trade off batt life vs safety yep depends on what you will throw at it amongst other things.... so batt capacity vs continuous amp rating.. all good!

Don't take my post too seriously! Safety is a good thing to foster or rather awareness of what could happen but some people you can advise till you're blue in the face and they'll still end up losing fingers or worse :11:

So what exactly would you like to see a battery seller show, they're in business to sell stuff so have to strike a balance between informing and scaring people off.

Don't take my post too seriously! Safety is a good thing to foster or rather awareness of what could happen but some people you can advise till you're blue in the face and they'll still end up losing fingers or worse :11:

So what exactly would you like to see a battery seller show, they're in business to sell stuff so have to strike a balance between informing and scaring people off.
Not doing so... we dont generally see the lovely dangerous batteries sold so much these days (efire/etc safe circuit ones) but any battery does indeed have the potential to be turned into a bomb and users have the responsibility to learn that rather than vendors to tell them generally... but a basic guide would help everyone seller and buyer alike... and if worded right could prevent some of these issues all round... still could have a couple of old dangerous batteries around possibly... although I think I got rid of them all... little crappy circuits soldered on the end of them.. ridiculously dodgy...

Wow great service from @Ben fogstar placed my order yesterday afternoon and they arrived this morning. Plus they come packaged in plastic carry cases so no need to buy any more :-) Thanks for a top notch service!!
1469263120029.jpg

Reasonable to ask that. Ecolux gives his test results which are useful so you can compare manufacturer claims and Norb's own findings. Still down to each of us I think to decide what's best.

Perhaps Fogstar will take you up on this. Of course, no-one would buy Efest 18650s then ... we don't want things too easy either, spoils the fun and the arcane insider knowing looks side of this vaping mallarkey.
#ohms&milliampsbro
Don't start me off the efest ratings. We have a good relationship with efest, we met them at vape jam and we're one of the UK's biggest suppliers, but the amp ratings....an accident waiting to happen. We continue to sell them, because they sell well and have a following but if I had it my way....They disguise pulse ratings as continuous ratings and in my opinion that's just stupid. But I'm sure you are all aware of this already!

I get this.. just would like where I buy batts off to offer a buyers guide as it were...
Nikki, I'm working on something like this. We seem to take calls daily from people asking for the correct battery for their coil/wattage. We definatley don't mind though, and anyone who has any questions should definatley give me or my colleague Ryan a call and we'll talk them through it.

Nikki, I'm working on something like this. We seem to take calls daily from people asking for the correct battery for their coil/wattage. We definatley don't mind though, and anyone who has any questions should definatley give me or my colleague Ryan a call and we'll talk them through it.
That sounds fab sweetie! Will help out people like myself no end...

@Ben fogstar am I right in seeing the efest listed on your site are the new "metallic" ones, are they truer to their ratings than the previous ones, as I've heard they have improved
They've improved slightly, they now print their continuous ratings and pulse ratings seperatley, instead of just 'discharge current' as they previously did, their wrap is now thicker as they had some issues with wrap tearing - they also come in a shiney box. But the cells are exactly the same.

Back
Top Bottom