What's new

Joyetech Evic vtc mini

vapegrl

Postman
Ok, so I just checked the firmware of my vtc mini's. One was on V3.0 beta and the other was on V3.0 so I figured I would update the beta version to full.
After doing this I seem to have a discrepency with ohms now between the two mods. Having checked a tank with a coil of 1.07 on an ohms reader, it shows 1.07 on one mini, 1.07 on an iStick but 1.02 on the other mini WTF

Tried a different tank that on the ohms reader is 0.74, on one mini it shows 0.73, on the iStick 0.74 but the other mini it comes up at 0.69.

As I say, both are on firmware V3.0 (just updated them both within minutes to be sure). Anyone else have this happen?

I know it's not a huge difference but still, should be within 0.01 I'd say.

Ok, so I just checked the firmware of my vtc mini's. One was on V3.0 beta and the other was on V3.0 so I figured I would update the beta version to full.
After doing this I seem to have a discrepency with ohms now between the two mods. Having checked a tank with a coil of 1.07 on an ohms reader, it shows 1.07 on one mini, 1.07 on an iStick but 1.02 on the other mini WTF

Tried a different tank that on the ohms reader is 0.74, on one mini it shows 0.73, on the iStick 0.74 but the other mini it comes up at 0.69.

As I say, both are on firmware V3.0 (just updated them both within minutes to be sure). Anyone else have this happen?

I know it's not a huge difference but still, should be within 0.01 I'd say.
Nope you'd be wrong, but the difference IS consistent which means the mod is just fine - 0.05 isnt a great difference and if it wasn't a TC mod you wouldn't be terribly shocked to see a difference of 0.1 between devices - which is twice the variance you've got here. It's nothing to worry about as long as the difference is consistent...

Can't say for sure but I would have thought within 0.05 on a mod was pretty good?
Mods will be slightly different and have some sort of internal resistance from the board to the 510 pin etc.
You are also a flat 0.05 different on different ohms. This suggests to me mod resistance difference of 0.05. If it was software more likely to be a % difference which would vary true value across range.

......or........ I could be a million miles away and talking keek :54::56:

I just find it weird that no matter what mod I check on only one of the mini's is different. hey ho, alls good I suppose :)

My VTC mini is 0.02 out compared to my ohm meter and IPV D2, nothing much to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom