What's new

Ipv d2 vs ipv d3

adambl2003

Got an ipv d2 as my work/beater mod with a nautilus on top. Is it worth investing in an ipv d3 as I have 2 stouts and an sebox dna40 bf squonker too. Just wanting opinions really

The biggest benefit of the d3 over the d2 is the fact it has temp control and marginally more wattage. The Nautilus uses such low resistance coils, the extra power won't make a difference. And if you're not going for nickel builds and lung hits, you're much better off sticking with the d2.

The D2 has temp control too mate. The big change is that the D3 can step down the power but the D2 can't.

The D2 has temp control too mate. The big change is that the D3 can step down the power but the D2 can't.
the d2 has step down on firmware 3.4

and in my point of view a d3 with a nautilus would be pretty much the same as a d2 with nautilus

the d2 has step down on firmware 3.4

and in my point of view a d3 with a nautilus would be pretty much the same as a d2 with nautilus
The D2 doesn't have a USB port to update with.

Neither does the D3. I didn't think these were update able anyway.

You can cheat and get the d2 in step down.. Put it in TC.. wack the temp up to max.... drop the joules down to what you want.. hey presto

You can cheat and get the d2 in step down.. Put it in TC.. wack the temp up to max.... drop the joules down to what you want.. hey presto

I know mate, I just don't like doing it. Just use my D3 instead.

Back
Top Bottom