What's new

Snap Crackle Pop

camv6

Postman
ok so can anyone tell me why my coils sometimes sound like an explosion in a rice crispie factory?

Sometimes I wick them up and they vape perfectly, other times............not!

It is too much or too little cotton through the coil or something else ?

I'm using a Hexohm at about 30-40% on the potentiometer with dual coils at .36. I'm not sure what that equates to in volts and watts but I do know if I turn the potentiometer down I still get the same effect, just more gently

@city461 might have a better idea....but sounds like your power delivery isn't a nice constant...er constant :) you sometimes get this with regulated mods. ...Although the hex ohm is unregulated isn't it?

9 out of 10 it's because of over saturation aka flooding, for me.
Remember my Lemo was constantly doing it. Rewiring is your unswer and remember - less is more.

In my experience it's more so to do with the wicking. If you just drip on the coil, you get the snap crackle and pop type sound as mentioned. So that leads me to believe you need more wick through the coil. Give that a go and see how it turns out.

You don't want it too tight otherwise it'll choke the coil, but you want enough so that the coil is restricting too much juice.

@city461 might have a better idea....but sounds like your power delivery isn't a nice constant...er constant :) you sometimes get this with regulated mods. ...Although the hex ohm is unregulated isn't it?
Hex is Volt regulated... OP says 0.36 ohm @ 30-40% on the Hex..
30% is about 4.1v giving about 47 watts
40% is about 4.4v giving about 54 watts
I personally think its a wicking problem the op has, saturated coil pops like mad and nothing to do with the outstanding,life gurenteed and solid kit you've got in your right hand.
Two charts below for you @camv6 help you understand and be safe with the hex,,,
37114-4031e8aa0bc98d67bfdd65a36df80e6e.jpg 12190962_1154235027937598_20478686386150626_n.jpg

Ok thanks fellas. Sounds like slightly more cotton is the answer. I'm just running the offending arricles through the ultrasonic and giving a good burn clean after and will re wick and report back.

Scottish roll it, I pack my coils pretty tight, when they're lose at high watts you can hear it throughout the house

Back
Top Bottom