What's new

Stainless steel 316l

gavin 1

Achiever
Hi Apes, think it's time I had a go at Temperature control so am planning to purchase some stainless steel 316l and make a coil of about 1omh and put it on my Evic VCT mini in temperature control on ss. Thing is what temperature should I be aiming at. Any help please?

I always dialled in 400F and then went up or down from there until I found my sweet spot, generally 400-450F was good for me. Everyone's different though.
The VTC mini's latest firmware allows you set set the wire's coefficent in the M modes so the displayed temp. 'should' be somewhere near callibrated.
I 'believe' the SS mode is set for SS304. I guess you knew that though!:)

I always dialled in 400F and then went up or down from there until I found my sweet spot, generally 400-450F was good for me. Everyone's different though.
The VTC mini's latest firmware allows you set set the wire's coefficent in the M modes so the displayed temp. 'should' be somewhere near callibrated.
I 'believe' the SS mode is set for SS304. I guess you knew that though!:)
Hi a Atomic, I didn't know that. I was going to put it on ss and put it to a temperature recommended by you experienced Apes. So do I need to update even though I have stainless steel?

It will work fine on the SS mode. It just means that when it displays, say 400F, you may not be exactly at that temp, you could be + or - of it a bit not a million miles out though!
Just make sure you lock in the resistance of the coil as per the instructions.
The version 3 firmware is SS316 by default.

If on firmware 3, here are the values of various wires if using the M presets.
TCR Value
Stainless Steel 304
101 - 105
Stainless Steel 316
88 - 92
Stainless Steel 316L
88 - 92
Stainless Steel 317L
Stainless Steel 430
Titanium Grade 1
Titanium Grade 2
Nickle Ni200

No problems buddy, those values are the ones provided by Joyetech. I found them buried somewhere on their website.

Thanks Atomic but am I being silly? Still not sure what temperature range I should use.

Back
Top Bottom