What's new

Inovape, Solihull, West Mids

Shooty*

This is a personal review of a vendor/retailer that I have conducted a business transaction with. The following information reflects a true representation of the transaction between myself and the company identified. The opinions expressed, represent my own and not those ofthis website, planetofthevapes.co.uk. By posting this review I agree to abide by the terms and conditions set out by the Planet of the Vapes website

So... my town of Solihull has one proper vaping shop, Inovape, and a traditional tobacconist which sells petrol-station style pen kits. I bought my first pen from the tobacconist, and have since moved up to an Aspire Premium, then to a Coolfire 4, for which I purchased a Kanger Nano T with 0.5 coils, from another vendor in the town where I work.

I have bought juice from Inovape from the start. They have their own range of juice, in which I'm partial to the fruit ones and cola cubes, as well as carrying other brands. The shop is just off Mell Square, effectively opposite CEX. It is well lit, with large display windows at the front. It's clean, airy, nicely done up and spacious. I've been in some vape shops which feel as if they might not be there the next day: temporary kind of affairs. This isn't like that. There is a "tasting bar" off to the left, which has two stools in front of it. I find the stools a nice touch: they indicate that the shop is prepared for people to take their time choosing products. They're also not blasting out music. I don't mind some tunes when I'm shopping, but Panic At The Disco! at 120 dB, which I've come across in some places, does not make for an enjoyable shopping experience, personally.

The staff are always very welcoming and approachable. They've put up with my queries over the last 4 months, since I started vaping, with helpful suggestions on hardware and technique, and recommendations on juices I might like based on previous purchases.

Last night was a case in point: I've been struggling with the Nano T for a fortnight. Despite priming the coils, starting at low wattage, drawing some juice in with priming puffs, waiting between vapes, etc, I was getting an appalling burnout rate with Kanger 0.5 ohm coils. It was really dispiriting. So I was in the market for a new tank. I was in town, so I popped in. There were a few people when I got there but, unlike, say, a mobile phone shop where you might be stood around for hours waiting to be served (sure we've all been there), I was immediately greeted.

I won't go into all the discussions, but I suggested some tanks from my reading up. They discouraged me from some of the pricier tanks on the basis that it would not be entirely suitable for my Coolfire 4 (I regard this as a positive: some vendors may have tried to sell an unsuitable tank to get some cash in). Some of the staff run the coolfire, so I asked to try the tanks that they were using, one of which was the innokin polycarbonate version of the subtank.

After tasting a few juices through the innokin (several of the tasting samples are in these tanks, which was handy), I decided that it was the tank for me. I asked if, to make sure that my woeful history with kanger coils was not my fault), they'd mind watching me set up and prime my new tank, with some juice I bought as well. That wasn't a problem, and after that and a discussion about appropriate wattages, starting watts, which juice additives might gunk up coils, etc, I walked out happy as larry, able to properly taste my vape on a new tank.

While I was doing this, other people were coming and going, and all got the same level of attention from the staff.

So there you have it. A bit wordy, but that's me, I'm afraid. They're not pushy, you won't get rushed, they know what they're talking about, the shop looks great, the atmosphere is very friendly, and there's a good range of kit and juice.

Hi Chris - visited your great shop earlier this year and purchased a vape machine and some 10ml bottles of Western Blend 12mg - I live in London and despite visiting several central London vape stores, none of the liquids tastes anywhere near as good as the ones I purchased in your store. You did mentioned at the time that you would be starting up a website/mail order ooption soon - are you set up yet to take orders over the phone or on line?

Back
Top Bottom