What's new

Is it worth it

I think I've ran out of patience with TC. I don't know if it's because I'm using pre-made coils but it's just not a great vape no matter the what the setting. Tried on my Snow Wolf and on the Istick 60w with ijuct tank and Ni200 coils and Kanger subtank with their Ni200 coils. I think I'll stick with the dual coil kanthal builds in the cthuhlu tank on wattage mode. Dry hits are not an issue with a decent build and I'm not compromising flavour. Totally over TC!

I don't know if it's because I'm using pre-made coils but it's just not a great vape no matter the what the setting.

I gave up on stock coils a long time ago because I found them to be very unreliable. This was before the rise of subtanks and the invention of TC though, so maybe they are better now. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stock coils are not optimally built and wicked for TC, but that's just a hunch.

I think I've ran out of patience with TC. I don't know if it's because I'm using pre-made coils but it's just not a great vape no matter the what the setting. Tried on my Snow Wolf and on the Istick 60w with ijuct tank and Ni200 coils and Kanger subtank with their Ni200 coils. I think I'll stick with the dual coil kanthal builds in the cthuhlu tank on wattage mode. Dry hits are not an issue with a decent build and I'm not compromising flavour. Totally over TC!
I haven't used the iJust tank's Ni coils but the Kanger ones are terrible and won't give you any idea of what TC has to offer.

I must admit, I do use nichrome for most of my rta coils, mainly because I build Claptons, fused Claptons and other crazy builds. I find after 3 days when I rewick them, they're going black and are really gunky. When I use nickel, the cotton is usually just starting to go a bit yellow.

If you're using a tank with pre built coil heads, I'd always go for nickel and temp control. The experience is so much better, it's more consistent and if you chain vape, you don't run the risk of having a dry hit.

In my opinion, nickel is worth its weight in gold for sub ohm tanks.

I think I may have had a break-through. I upped the wattage on the Snow Wolf to 50 and then switch to TC mode and found that when I fire up, it instantaneously nears 50w then drops to a low wattage. I'm getting a spot-on tasty vape with the added bonus of decent clouds. I'm guessing that initial heat is needed to kickstart the evaporation process. However, I get a shitty vape on the same settings on the iStick TC60W.

I only gave it another go because I dropped the iStick and the dual coil deck on the cthuhlu broke!

All this ^^^^ and the fact that by imposing an upper limit on the temperature the coil can reach you cut down on the formation of thermal decomposition byproducts such as Formaldehyde, Acroelin etc...
clear as mud

Back
Top Bottom