What's new

Formaldehyde

crossflix

I heard that heating eliquid to extreme temperatures via high voltage settings can release formaldehyde which can be carcinogenic. I have an adjustable voltage battery. it was turned to around 4.5 or 4.6. I haven't even finished off a half of a 2.5ml tank on this settings. and i don't vape as often as regular users. i assume im in very low danger....?

Everybody breathes out formaldehyde smokers,vapers and non smoker/vaper

I could be wrong but aldehydes are only produced through combustion, so present in cigarette smoke, don't think any worth while study has actually shown any evidence that e liquid contains anything that would produce and form of aldehydes, but as I said I'm not sure. A lot of scaremongering be punted about by people/organizations that appear to be shady

if you prefer to vape at temperatures nobody would want to vape at then you are in danger. That's what the study proved.

i think its more of a risk with dry hits when you have no juice left in your tank.

I don't remember the details, but I believe it's 600 dry hits to reach the point where you exceed the recommend daily exposure. There was a study recently, but I can't find the link..

EDIT: Here we go. Read this comment. Link

Last edited:
sounds about right, so carry on vaping without worrying what you read in the press as its total bollocks.

4 poster,have a troll icon for good measure.

Welcome to POTV BTW :D

Back
Top Bottom