What's new

MTL clone and building accessories

I only used Naturevape mini & midi pros or Fasttech equivalents. I bought five Kayfun Lites from 2 apes on here and I can confirm that they are very good for MTL but, in my opinion, not as good as Naturevape. However, they are easy to build on but I cheat & buy pre-coiled wires from Fasttech. For $7 -$8 I get 100 really good coils. I`ve had one in a Kayfun for about 5 weeks so far & it`s still going strong. I just dry burn & rewick every 2 or 3 days. I`m ancient with bad eyesight so if I can do it anyone can !!!

Well I have had the Kayfun v4 clone (infinite I think) for a few weeks and all I can say is its fantastic. Great draw, and after watching Vics video easy to use and build on. Dead impressed. Thanks for all the advice.

My gem clone was dispatched last week so I'm hoping to have it by the end of the month. Ordered a Corolla too since it looks so easy to build on, rewick and refill, though it was only dispatched yesterday so probably won't have it until April.

I have the kayfun4 and,the Taifun,gt2 both fantastic but the kayfun is so heavy and has more parts than the death,star. So well made though and flavour heaven.

Gem clone arrived on Thursday, my God it's good once you get it going.

I ordered the one with the dodgy 510 screw (I think the same tank with a fixed (extended) screw is available from some UK websites at a slightly increased price) but was able to fix it with a bit of insulating tape.

There's also a slight problem with the threads on the chimney section that means the base ring won't screw on straight. It happens with both the 510 and mech adapter rings, so I assume it's the chimney section at fault.

Took me a few goes to get it coiled at wicked properly, but once it goes, it really goes. 1.2 ohm, 13-16 watts, the taste is amazing.

I am getting very slight leaks and gurgling every time I fill it even though I close off the air flow and turn it upside down before opening it up again, but a quick upside down blow through soon sorts it. I'm not sure if it's just a thing with this clone or if it's because of the threading problem letting in a tiny amount of air. May even be my wicking, though it's perfect once it's filled and in use.

I've contacted fasttech to see if they'll send me a new chimney for it or if I'll have to return the whole thing. I hope they'll just send a new chimney since it takes so long for anything to come from them, but the clone itself performs brilliantly, though in my opinion it's using an awful lot of juice, I'm having to fill it every couple of hours at least.

Attachments

• IMG_2016-04-01_18.57.38~01.jpg
    IMG_2016-04-01_18.57.38~01.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2016-04-01_18.57.50~01.jpg
    IMG_2016-04-01_18.57.50~01.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2016-04-03_14.48.20.JPG
    IMG_2016-04-03_14.48.20.JPG
    514.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2016-04-03_16.20.22.JPG
    IMG_2016-04-03_16.20.22.JPG
    874.3 KB · Views: 40
The Sxk Corolla reviewed by Vic. beats the Kayfun and Gem clone in his opinion. Gearbest have them for a shade under £18 I have one ordered and am looking forward to it arriving. Worth a punt for the money Imo

My Corolla was dispatched a couple of weeks ago so should be arriving soon. Must be damn good if it beats the Gem.

Gem clone arrived on Thursday, my God it's good once you get it going.

I ordered the one with the dodgy 510 screw (I think the same tank with a fixed (extended) screw is available from some UK websites at a slightly increased price) but was able to fix it with a bit of insulating tape.

There's also a slight problem with the threads on the chimney section that means the base ring won't screw on straight. It happens with both the 510 and mech adapter rings, so I assume it's the chimney section at fault.

Took me a few goes to get it coiled at wicked properly, but once it goes, it really goes. 1.2 ohm, 13-16 watts, the taste is amazing.

I am getting very slight leaks and gurgling every time I fill it even though I close off the air flow and turn it upside down before opening it up again, but a quick upside down blow through soon sorts it. I'm not sure if it's just a thing with this clone or if it's because of the threading problem letting in a tiny amount of air. May even be my wicking, though it's perfect once it's filled and in use.

I've contacted fasttech to see if they'll send me a new chimney for it or if I'll have to return the whole thing. I hope they'll just send a new chimney since it takes so long for anything to come from them, but the clone itself performs brilliantly, though in my opinion it's using an awful lot of juice, I'm having to fill it every couple of hours at least.

Just out of curiosity is the little notch bedded correctly on the bottom of the deck?
WP_20160403_17_59_12_Rich.jpg

And if so have you got the AFC the correct way around? As there is a small metal lug which goes into the groove on the bottom of the chimney section. It is possible to put it the wrong way around and that would explain the gap once everything is butted down.It's an easy mistake to make, I've done it myself haha
I have 3 of these clones from FT and every one screws down perfect :)
WP_20160403_17_57_17_Rich.jpg

WP_20160403_18_14_23_Rich.jpg

EDIT:
Having just looked closely at your pictures there is a different sized gap as the pictures progress. Sat close on one side and a gap the other, this does suggest what I said above about the AFC ring being the wrong way up

Last edited:
My Corolla was dispatched a couple of weeks ago so should be arriving soon. Must be damn good if it beats the Gem.
Fingers crossed your no waiting too much longer then. Not tried the gem but am hoping the slow boat from China mines is on gets a wee shift on, was only ordered a couple days ago. For Vic it topped the Gem. let us know what you think once it arrives :)

Back
Top Bottom