What's new

Yaeliq tobacco juice - steeping?

I'm starting to panic - I just tried one of my first attempts at mixing my own, Mom & Pops Tobacco Praze. Marlboro cigarettes again ..... eek ..... most of my juice stocks are now back in the steeping cupboard! :help:
Didnt you mix this ony a week ago? Give it time. I hope you like it, as i don't get any Marlboro taste.

Didnt you mix this ony a week ago? Give it time. I hope you like it, as i don't get any Marlboro taste.
You're right, though it was about a fortnight ago - I just couldn't hold out any longer!! The M&P RY4 I made up the week before still tastes a little of petrol (which, alarmingly, I quite like), and I certainly like the nuttiness and sweetness of Tobacco Praze, so hopefully a longer steep will round out the flavour a bit, but I'm finishing the tank that I have and it's certainly vapeable as it is. If it makes sense, it tastes as though it will get better with time! Thank you. :)

@JBG funnily enough, what's in my head is the lovely smell of a newly opened packet of B&H or John Players - always smelled like Dundee fruit cake to me! :D

I always found that if you lit a superking black with a match it tasted a bit like flame grilled steak crisps...

Weird thing taste isn't it lol

You're right, though it was about a fortnight ago - I just couldn't hold out any longer!! The M&P RY4 I made up the week before still tastes a little of petrol (which, alarmingly, I quite like), and I certainly like the nuttiness and sweetness of Tobacco Praze, so hopefully a longer steep will round out the flavour a bit, but I'm finishing the tank that I have and it's certainly vapeable as it is. If it makes sense, it tastes as though it will get better with time! Thank you. :)

@JBG funnily enough, what's in my head is the lovely smell of a newly opened packet of B&H or John Players - always smelled like Dundee fruit cake to me! :D
If you can bear it, try leaving some for months. Because I make up big batches of juice. I often find some that is 6 months old or more. The flavour keeps on changing. Personally, I find it vapable from about 4 weeks, and hitting my sweet spot from 6 weeks onward.

I was sooooooo disappointed in the Yaeliq juices, the Zoosha Tobacco sounded so nice, so 'me', and all I could taste was a horrible fatty almost coconut flavour, like vaping coconut soap. Yum. The Israel Catain wasn't much better. BUT I had been advised to let them steep, so I stuck them on the back of my vape chest and tried to forget about them.

So successful was I that at some point the cats must have knocked them down and I didn't notice until I found them yesterday, a little fluffy but none the worse for it, down the back of the chest. I decided to put them in the classies and try to get some money back, but gave them one last try before I gave up on them.

I've had juices improve with steeping, but I've never experienced such a dramatic difference as this - the fatty, perfumed taste was gone and, by golly, they're actually rather nice! Gobsmacked!!

Thank you @Rob, and @DMAN, and all who encouraged me to persevere - I'll give the first home-brews another try in a couple of days and see if they've transformed too, but in the meantime I have 200ml of Yaeliq juice to get through, so there's no hurry! :D

Well worth the perseverance isn't it! Really pleased that it worked out OK.:D

Got to say that I have always been impressed with Yaeliq, but they do need some steeping, I usually leave mine for two weeks after they arrive (shaking and letting them breath every couple of days). Israel Captain/Turkish and believe it or not Butterscotch Tobacco are all very, very good. usually takes 9 days for delivery which as always been excellent, I have never needed customer support but I am assured that it is very good.

Pete.

I won't hear a word said against them!! [emoji1]
I admit Zoosha isn't my fave either (80ml+ if anyone wants), even Isreal Captain I'm having a break from as after 11months solid adv I'm a bit tired of it! But I'll be back on it soon.
I've had a few i didn't like, premium, captain cook (still got 98ml if anyone wants)

I got some Yaeliq 555 and I am really happy with it. I have a bottle of Turkish that I've just opened for a shake and I'm looking forward to trying it in few weeks.

If nobody else wants your Zoosha I might be tempted, @moley seeing as I'm all newly converted and keen! ;)

I still can't get over the difference between my first taste and how it tastes now - it's unrecognisable! The experience has probably ruined me for mixing - I'm going to be expecting all my not-up-to-par home brews to magically transform from bilge water to ambrosia in the space of a month! :D

Back
Top Bottom