What's new

Do you actually save money after quiting smoking?

You would have to have been a really light smoker combined with really heavy vaping with terminal shinyitis not to be saving money..... I'd get thru 50grams of duty free Virginia every 4days.. 30ml of my homemade custard just about lasts 4 days and costs about £2 (probably less). Only initial set up (mods and atties) cost money but I dont own any high end gear. Ipvd2 and aromamizer rdta both from from our far eastern friends. Soon payed for itself. Plus as already mentioned.. Health is more important....

If you set out to save money, you can 100% do it:
- use M2L only, you'll go through less than 5 ml juice a day
- DIY your juice, £20 will carry you for a month
- use an RTA as to avoid buying new coils

When I started vaping the idea of saving money was stupid because i was still spending a lot on finding the right kit. Now that I have the right setup and understand how my taste works, I am definitely saving money.

If i'd stop buying vaping gear then yes.
Gotta get out of the mind set of 'Well, this atty is barely the price of a 50g pouch of GV'!
But I think yes, diy juice is a big benefit for sure.
Really happy with my current selection of attys and mods - covers every possible vaping option, from dual crazy claptons in a dripper to single coil stealth vape!
I'm pretty certain I don't *need* a bluetooth enable mod....mmmmmmm :11:

Oh HELL no!!! I spent far more than I would on tobacco products :D On the other hand, I feel healthier even if my bank balance has suffered

Well, if you don't start buying loads of devices, tanks, and RDA's, then yes, you will save loads of money-if you add DIY to the mix you will save loads!

I see vaping as more harm reduction though, and have quite got into vaping, and new gear, so I actually haven't saved much money-but I have saved something much more important, my health.

Since i started to make my own coils and juice my vaping costs have dropped dramatically. It is now costing me less than what buying filtertips and rolling papers did..about £2 a week

I saved £60 so far this month. DIY liquid and only buying shiny stuff I need, not want, means I save a fair bit.

Then deciding this will do.(this is the important bit, deciding this will do.)
You do not have to stick with evods to save money but if you have to have every new thing, then you will never save money.

THIS!

Short answer is Yes, you CAN save money ONCE you've found a happy vape place and IF you can stop chasing the next great thing. I keep thinking I'm NEARLY there...! And this forum is NOT conducive to not chasing the Next Greatest Thing...!

@oldhippydude and @scrumpox have my deepest admiration for this!

I'm pretty sure I'm still in the black. I've saved about £400 in just under 3 months and I'm pretty sure I haven't spent that much yet.

Back
Top Bottom