What's new

Temperature control coil builds.

hauntedheart

Postman
Hi guys. I own a couple of rda's and been building a while and temperature control vaping for around 7/8 months. And for me tc is exactly how I prefer to vape. I now want to try temp control builds. But if I'm honest I wont just be a beginner at this kind of coil building. I'm a complete virgin. I have no idea what to do what so ever. Where to start or the how too. I'd really appreciate all advice and help for this kind of art. The only thing I do know is that coil wise I prefer nikel to titanium. Please feel free to speak and explain things to me as though I'm a Wally as the more basic instructions I think may be easier to grasp. I'm really great full for all your help. Ta load's. ☺

Step 1: Buy some Stealthvape NiFe30 because nickel is a pita to make your own coils with, has too low resistance, gets snipped by deck screws, sags, melts and is the least suitable TC wire available. 29 & 28 gauge NiFe30 is good for tanks and RDAs, 26 gauge for single coils.
Step 2: Build spaced coils aiming for something around 0.15 Ohms. No need to dry burn unless you're desperate to do so for some reason.
Step 3: Wick loosely. Essentially no resistance to pulling the cotton through the coils but touching all aspects of the inner coils.
Step 4: Enjoy.

Something like this works well.
Niffy.jpg

Last edited:
It's not art it's maths...it read the ohms resistance change from its base point...cold and does the algorithm .

Not that hard, good connections and getting the ohms read right is key, after that it's what mod and wire you want to use...NI200 has been used the longest so will have more information and advice on the net and here with regards to using.

What TC mod you got or think of getting?

Step 1: Buy some Stealthvape NiFe30 because nickel is a pita to make your own coils with, has too low resistance, gets snipped by deck screws, sags, melts and is the least suitable TC wire available. 29 & 28 gauge NiFe30 is good for tanks and RDAs, 26 gauge for single coils.
Step 2: Build spaced coils aiming for something around 0.15 Ohms. No need to dry burn unless you're desperate to do so for some reason.
Step 3: Wick loosely. Essentially no resistance to pulling the cotton through the coils but touching all aspects of the inner coils.
Step 4: Enjoy.

Something like this works well.
View attachment 78393
Thanks for that very helpful actually. Gone check that site now. Appreciate it ☺

It's not art it's maths...it read the ohms resistance change from its base point...cold and does the algorithm .

Not that hard, good connections and getting the ohms read right is key, after that it's what mod and wire you want to use...NI200 has been used the longest so will have more information and advice on the net and here with regards to using.

What TC mod you got or think of getting?
I currently own three. The evic 60w, the sigelei 75w and the koopor 200w plus. My go to RDA is my Sapor.

I currently own three. The evic 60w, the sigelei 75w and the koopor 200w plus. My go to RDA is my Sapor.

You're ready to go, get some wire, choose that wire profile and adjust the the temp, say 380f up to the vape you already want...

Haven't got the Sapor atty, are the screws been drilled all the way through the posts? Something that can not give you the best of connections (clamp the wire) and play you up with TC. keeping the resistance steady is key, after that it's much the same as adjusting watts...No need to understand the maths of how it does it ....

Some what forget ohms and build a coil for the for atty, it's juice and air flow and the vape you want...good luck mate...

I now want to try temp control builds. But if I'm honest I wont just be a beginner at this kind of coil building. I'm a complete virgin. I have no idea what to do what so ever.

Keep it simple. A basic spaced coil, loosely wicked gives the best results for me. 90% of TC problems are due to too much wick. Personally, I'd stick to single coil until you get a feel for the wicking - but if you've been building for a while you will probably get it quickly. You don't need to do anything fancy with the coil, and in my opinion it's better not to.

Stealthvape NiFe30 is great wire, much better than Ni200 (I am not a big fan of Ti either, because I find it a bit annoying to work with). If your mods don't have adjustable TCR, you can use NiFe30 in Ni mode with the temp setting a bit lower than you'd usually have it for Ni (Start at 170C and work up to where you like it). A resistance of 0.15-0.20 Ohm works well.

Back
Top Bottom