What's new

316L Stainless Steel

mcboffin

Achiever
Evening all

I've been a bit of a Kanthal fan for a while and have got a TC mod inbound that will do TC with SS.

I've had a bit of a quick scan of YouTube but the "science bit" evades me.

From what I can gather you can make SS coils (depending on resistance) to work in power mode or TC mode ... Is that right?

I'd also be grateful if anyone could pop any links up re SS builds / whether there's any specific considerations re safety before I get started.

Ta muchly.

Thanks for that. I've got some from them, just wasn't quite sure what to do with it yet.

I've had ss in the bellus, think it was 26, 2.5mm id 8 or 10 wraps dual coils , just normal coils in power mode, bloody lovely vape

I'm expecting an Aeolus Lite on Monday. Will pop a SS build in it that'll work in TC and Power and have a play.

I've got Kanthal builds in everything else at the moment and they're doing the job so I'll leave them as they are for now.

I've not used it myself but from what I've seen and read, dry burning is not advisable or at least still a bit of an unknown. That obviously makes micros a bit tricky. Other then that I hear good things about it.

Just had a quick dual coil on the Sapor with 8 wraps each at 2.5 mm diameter with 0.4 mm 316L (0.31 Ohm) with home brew spotted dick and custard.

Early impression is that the flavour is pretty crisp. My palette isn't sophisticated enough to be able to tell if it's significantly different to Kanthal though.

Back
Top Bottom