What's new

Cuckoocoils

Any idea when you will have the staggered fused Claptons and the fused ribbon Claptons in stock as wouldn't mind grabbing grabbing a set of each to try

Staggereds, i can build to order - tbh thats how most sets go - i might have to put a pause on that at some point to allow me to get some done for the website. They take ages.

ribbons, just waiting for the ribbon wire to be produced. The supplier (@stealthvape) is getting a batch sorted asap - which probably means faster than you'd imagine.

I could get ribbon/wire from elsewhere but as long as stealthvape flog it, thats where i'll get it from.

ok m8 will msg you next week probably wednesday when i get some free cash and will order a few sets of each

The R1 looks a fairly standard beastie. Not sure you'd get fused through those post holes - trapped under the screw heads maybe.

The R3, no is that the rebuildable unit? Had a hander at it and am sure something could be worked in there (if its the same unit - why so many? lol) - i think its the sort of thing i'd have to have in my hand and have a head scratch over. More than happy to have a play if you wanted to send it over**.

**Peeps this is not an open offer to fit any coil into any head, something interesting/challenge i don't mind.

If you're still up for the challenge fire me a PM and I will send it in your direction to play with :)

Paging @drnick paging drnick, the coil emergency is over - the head has survived but we've had to transplant new guts.

2x30g cores/35g 5 wrap fused claptons should keep it going for a while. Pm incoming dude.

Attachments

• 1454710537703.jpg
    1454710537703.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 94
@cloudcuckoo Got the head back, Threw it on the meter and then the mod both came back the same 0.21, Sound about right to you? I gave it some wicking, which was suprisingly easy and it's working like a champ. Dunno what the best watts would be for this but seems quite happy running at 60W. Thanks again, looking at a few build videos I'm sure it wasn't the easiest for you :)

@cloudcuckoo Got the head back, Threw it on the meter and then the mod both came back the same 0.21, Sound about right to you? I gave it some wicking, which was suprisingly easy and it's working like a champ. Dunno what the best watts would be for this but seems quite happy running at 60W. Thanks again, looking at a few build videos I'm sure it wasn't the easiest for you :)

I'd banked on 0.3 using 6 wraps but pulled a wrap as i thought the wicking would be tight and the extra residual heat would have caused further wicking issues if chained. 0.2 ish is about correct- each coil being approx 0.6

Wasn't that bad, did a mock install using parallel 26g to mimic the size, was at this point i realised i needed to wrap the coils counter clockwise, i normally wrap clockwise. No biggie but really should have noticed whilst i was taking measurements/playing with calculators.

Fun build really, thanks sending it my way.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom