What's new

Views on the legal age to start vaping

I really can’t bothered with this, it’s a very simple concept to understand, that a specific activity having age restrictions doesn’t change the fact of legal adulthood at 16. Pubs in Scotland are legally required to ask for id if they think you look under 25. Does that mean that inside a pub you’re a child till 25, since you can’t buy a drink without extra restrictions?

In short, the legal definition of being an adult isn’t determined by the age that one is permitted to buy fags. ffs!

I really can’t bothered with this, it’s a very simple concept to understand, that a specific activity having age restrictions doesn’t change the fact of legal adulthood at 16. Pubs in Scotland are legally required to ask for id if they think you look under 25. Does that mean that inside a pub you’re a child till 25, since you can’t buy a drink without extra restrictions?

In short, the legal definition of being an adult isn’t determined by the age that one is permitted to buy fags. ffs!

Oh behave, now you go on about ID in pubs if under 25
(so what age do you have to be to be deemed legally responsible to purchase alcohol)

How about the scientific definition then.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42732442

Hello, my name is David Lesser, I am a student in the UK and I am interested in finding out peoples views towards vaping, specifically at what age vaping could be considered acceptable via a short and fast survey. You can complete the survey no matter your location, ethnicity or gender. All data collected will not be able to trace you.
Thank you for your attention
David Lesser.
The link can be found bellow.

https://goo.gl/forms/D9cSdO3VfnXbOsWw1

Done.

pretty much .... it just seems a bit pointless, most of us started smoking before legal age and plenty of teens, drink and take drugs, so it doesn't work.

Education and conversation is always preferable to legislation when it comes to stuff like this.
Agreed on that one

Exactly @Simon G , @Mawsley said much the same above too. It seems putting an age label on it makes it seem like a recreational pursuit like smoking or drinking booze. The trouble is, the way round that would be for it to be considered a medical product. It’s symptomatic of the nature of our society’s fundamental problems that it has to be one (an age restricted recreational pursuit) or the other (a medical nicotine replacement product).

The world would be great if we could all just get along, be sensible about things and act responsibly eh?

The problem with that is we wouldn't all agree on what is sensible and/or responsible.

Just to add some contrast to even my own thoughts...

The other day I was walking past the metro and saw a kid, probably no more than 15,vaping away.
My initial reaction for about 3 seconds was "wtf that child is vaping!". Then I quickly found myself thinking that if he wasn't doing that, he'd likely be smoking like the other kids around him. So in the end my response was that if my kid was in that bunch, I'd be pleased if he was the one vaping instead of smoking.

Doesn't change legal age which should be set higher, but along the lines of "they're going to do it anyway", I'd rather vaping was more accessible than tabs.

Back
Top Bottom