Votes: 32 10.2%
  • Marginally worse

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • A lot worse

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Other (see post)

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Started vaping about 4 days ago. The 'crackling' sound in my breathing when I woke has gone and I've gone from Darth Vader to Darth Vaper which means the 'wheezing' has gone too. In other words, I feel like I did when I gave up smoking.

I don't feel like I smoke any more yet I'm vaping. The flat smells fresher and my clothes smell 'normal' too.

Am on 12mg NVee Tobacco Smooth. Only issue I have now is keeping the battery recharged and will probably get a secondary battery from my dealer (Newsagent) tomorrow.

All in all, I feel OK and much better than I did when I smoked.

Can't really say I had a big problem with the respitory system whilst smoking as such but have noticed I breath better since vaping.
The big plus point for me anyway is that I can taste my food a hell of a lot better than I could whilst smoking. The flavour is just so much more pronounced now!!! Draw back.... I eat more tasty foods FML, oh well, I may be slightly bigger now but my ass will hopefully live longer :18:

Smoked since I was 11, 38 years of happy puffing. Gave up to support hubby who has been told he has COPD. We both started vaping end of October 2015. My gums bleed horribly but I think it's improving slowly. My sense of taste is annoying me in that I just don't like things I used to. My sense of smell is like a curse, I didn't realise that people and perfume smelled so bad. Still, come the summer I'll be able to properly smell the roses. I've had a cold, most unusual for me but not the end of the world. Never had poor breathing or nasty coughing so cannot attest to any improvement there.
Hubby on the other hand is sleeping better, breathing better, not coughing his innards out every morning. He's up and about and quite sprightly in comparison to how he was just a short couple of months ago. His gums don't bleed, he didn't get my cold and his sense of taste and smell do not offend him.
Happy days in our home. Vaping FTGDW :)

Only ever heard good things from friends and work colleagues re: switching to vaping and its effects.

Regarding bleeding gums when I stopped they bled for months, went to the dentist and had them properly cleaned and they stopped almost overnight, decent hygiene routine, including using interdental brushes, and fine ever since.

had my night shift medical last week , blood pressure has stayed about the same but my resting heart rate has dropped from 83 to 59 , thats some drop . can only be down to giving up the fags as i havent changed anything else

I've been subohming for the last year had no probs at all, I've notice lots when it came to my life style and how better I felt with in, and with out a doubt it's been fun, and pleasurably experience to boot, long may it last.

My lungs feel a lot better, I can take deeper breaths without my chest feeling tight. One thing I have noticed though is that I am quite congested since I started sub ohming. My nose is often blocked in the morning. Not sure if this is just the juice I'm vaping or what, maybe its just a coincidence

Being fat and over weight, with a beer belly I got my self a personal trainer. He said not to come to my class if you've smoked as you stink out the gym. Coughing and huffing and puffing not been able to last long out of breath out of shape. He kept nagging at me how smoking is screwing me up and I should give him the £40. quid i spent on smokes extra. I gave up smoking, can run longer, train longer and don't stink anymore!

Definitely yes. After a few weeks the difference was astounding. I noticed it even more when I'd get sick as the cough I'd have as a smoker would last forever! Now a cough isn't usually the worst part of getting a cold or whatever

Back
Top Bottom