What's new

Survey: Is vaping an effetive way to quit smoking

simen

Hi guys,

I made a survey to see if the vaporizer is an effective way to quit smoking. Let me know what your experiences are with the vaporizer and if it really helps you. You would do me a great favor.

The link to the survey:
https://nl.surveymonkey.com/r/N79DQT8

You might want to edit the wording of question 1 - when asked if we smoke, most vapers will answer 'no'. We don't smoke, we vape.

Indeed:

1. Do you currently smoke?

Yes, I do smoke cigarettes NO, I don't smoke cigarettes.

Yes, I use a vaporizer NO, I use a vaporizer instead of smoking

No, I don't smoke NO. I don't smoke. I vape instead.

I don't smoke. I do not perform the act of smoking. I do not inhale the smoke from anything that is burning.

I vape. I inhale vapourised liquid. Liquid is heated until it turns into a vapour, like steam. I inhale it. There is no smoke. I DO NOT SMOKE.

Ag
You might want to edit the wording of question 1 - when asked if we smoke, most vapers will answer 'no'. We don't smoke, we vape.

Agreed. I was there for 5 minutes ranting to myself 'how can you smoke vapour, vapour isnt smoke, its vapour. Smoke is smoke and i dont smoke, i vape. Hoe would you even smoke vapour?' I ranted for a while passed it to the misses and she clicked one for me haha.

It needs to he changed it should be a lil clearer.

Hi guys,

I made a survey to see if the vaporizer is an effective way to quit smoking. Let me know what your experiences are with the vaporizer and if it really helps you. You would do me a great favor.

The link to the survey:
Why do I get the feeling this is a Student research project - either way the questions are poorly worded and could lead to biased results, I'm guessing that english isn't your first language so the poor wording may be a result of bad translation - If you do need results from english speakers it might be neccesary to collaborate with a native english speaker to create an english language version of the survey...

Last edited:
I was going to happily take the survey as vaping clearly helps people stop smoking and the more information out there to support his, the better.

However question 1 is a massively loaded question that I cannot answer. I USED to smoke, I now vape.

Vapors have enough issues trying to get that distinction across to people.

Hi guys,

The link to the survey:

You would do me a good favour if you would answer some questions.
Who are you?
Why should I do you a great favour?
Why is your survey and your method of attracting participants so badly designed?

I do not expect answers since you have not posted since your request for a favour.
If it is a school project I assume your teacher has pointed out the flaws in your method by now.

As you've probably realised by now vapers get really tetchy when it's implied that vaping is smoking

It's helped me stop, I have had a few cigarettes here and there but not many, they taste awful and feel awful now so it has helped me to quit now for good.

It's helped me stop, I have had a few cigarettes here and there but not many, they taste awful and feel awful now so it has helped me to quit now for good.
Same. Unfortunately, question 10 doesn't allow for that option. You get:

No, I never tried it but would consider using it
No, I never tried it but don't consider using it
Yes, but it didn't help for me
I don't smoke cigarettes.

You then get the option of typing in your own answer. Yippee! But it rejects whatever you type and tells you, again and again, that question 10 is required. Now tell me, have you stopped beating your wife yet? Yes or no?

I can't believe that I wasted my time on this twaddle.

Back
Top Bottom