What's new

Shop bought juice or DIY?

What is stopping you switching from shop bought juice to DIY at home?

• I don't want to

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I don't know how to make my own juice

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don't want to wait for juices to steep

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don't think it's any cheaper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other..... (Tell us in the comments)

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
I mix my own and also have some mixed for me. Why? Because I can mix them to exactly my taste.

Occassionally as a little treat I buy from the vendors who I purchased from not long after I started vaping and do my usual trick with it :D

I may be a rarity but I am not interested in a 'one shot' from the vendors as to get it bang on how they do you will need the same pg, vg and nic supplier else it wont be 100% the same.

I Diy, or face spending more than when i smoked. I now make most of my juice in larger quantities ie minimum of 50 ml a time upto a litre. I used to smoke about 2 oz a week cost was about £15-16. That would buy probably 30ml from a shop and last me 2 days max, so DIY is the way to go for me.

There is room for all of it

most (but not all .. especially not these days, now it has become bigger business) of us vendors started out as Home DIYers .. without .. a. lot of us would not exist.

I know what the next question will be and the answer is still "No .. not at the minute"

I suppose that is an excellent point to counter simong's point ;)

On a serious note though and to address the OP. one reason i DIY juice and none has metioned i think, is that at least if you make your own E.liquids, then at least you can know what's going into it, so you can make your own choices as to what flavourings and their contents you end up vaping and putting into your body.

Good point. Also I find a lot of ready made too strong in flavour for my liking.

Yes sometimes less is definitely more, along with the amount of added sweetners that seem to overpower some of the so called "premium" juices i have tried in the past and give you a coated mouth feel after using them for a while i find.

You know that's actually a pretty big reason for me, but for some reason I forgot to mention. I'm fairly health conscious these days, I like to even keep processed food to a minimum - so making my own juice using reputable ingredients (FA flavours, plus Lubrisolve (palm oil free)) is a big plus for me.

Lately I've started to think of average commercial juice like fast food. They go all out on fat, salt, sugar and cater to the most basic of our instincts. No refinement. Just convenience and abundance. I guess it's also a bit out of necessity. They need to hit a wider audience so consideration for individual pallets have to take the back seat to hitting the big, common qualities. Everyone likes sweet right? Make it sweet. Works once in a while for me but I tire fast of it.

DIY is more like cooking at home or eating at a small, nice restaurant. Different ball game.

Lately I've started to think of average commercial juice like fast food. They go all out on fat, salt, sugar and cater to the most basic of our instincts. No refinement. Just convenience and abundance. I guess it's also a bit out of necessity. They need to hit a wider audience so consideration for individual pallets have to take the back seat to hitting the big, common qualities. Everyone likes sweet right? Make it sweet. Works once in a while for me but I tire fast of it.

DIY is more like cooking at home or eating at a small, nice restaurant. Different ball game.

That's exactly how I feel.

And elite juice like Manabush is more like eating out at a good restaurant - rich and decadent, but more complex and better quality than your average crappy "ready meal" esque commercial juice :D

That's exactly how I feel.

And elite juice like Manabush is more like eating out at a good restaurant - rich and decadent, but more complex and better quality than your average crappy "ready meal" esque commercial juice :D
Yup. Gotta try Manabush at some point.

I started DIY a couple of months into vaping because financially I had to ... it was easily the best vaping decision I ever made.
There's another reason to DIY though and this is important if you're to persist through the inevitable failures. The sheer pleasure of it. Mixology is a hobby in itself like learning how to cook. Getting started couldn't be easier given the amount of one-shots that are around. Then it can become as involved as you want it to be, or kept simple to save both time and money.

Anyone who says I don't know how to (roughly 25% by the look of the responses) doesn't know how to use Google, Youtube or how to search on a forum, because everything they need to know is at their fingertips.

That's quite pathetic really ... so if that's you ... :rudesanta:

Back
Top Bottom