What's new

Reviewers & Influencers: Do You Care?

I love Jai Haze, he's an absolute hoot, i don't think I've ever learnt anything from him or brought anything based on his reviews though

I love Jai Haze, he's an absolute hoot, i don't think I've ever learnt anything from him or brought anything based on his reviews though
I have, but not because of his final opinion, he does get into the stuff, and compare it to other better known products, so i feel that i have a good idea of how things stack up.

From there i form my own opinions about what i have learned about the product and make my own decision about what fits my situation best.

I would actually consider that to be the typical, appropriate use of a review, and i do admit i often learn stuff from him about things, because in my case he has more experience than me, much like u lot.

Edit-it doesnt surprise me that the longer members on here know far more than he does.

I am almost starting to think i am getting there too, minus a lot of the history of devices that i just wasnt privy to and are now discontinued, after only a year, thats how much ive learned from y'all

Last edited:
Edit-it doesnt surprise me that the longer members on here know far more than he does

Oh yeah, without a doubt, he knows his stuff though, he runs a store/s doesn't he? He makes himself look daft at times when he's trying to cram in his standard build into small decks. I respect his views for buying in most of the stuff he reviews because he's fallen out with most manufacturers I figure. He's entertaining though & Brie's awesome

I will say, one of the biggest things i have learned is not to trust a products reputation without confirmed opinions from ppl like u who i know, or tryin it myself.

I feel incredibly bad to any i recommended the gtx22 tank before using it, because i couldnt imagine vaporesso dropping the ball so bad with that tank, but it is simply not a tank that was designed to have a screw off lid.

Especially insuling because of how easy they couldve put a slide top on, especially for a tank that drinks juice and only has a 2ml capacity in europe (technically)

At least they only cost 10-15 dollars

I like reviewers for different reasons.
Ppl like mooch and djlsb are incredibly important as far as actual qc checks on products.

After that i really just want to see a tank opened up, wicked, and maybe a cpl comparisons to widely known tanks, in pics or vid.

I know u hate jai haze, but i like his reviews. Not because i agree with his opinions, but i can read him (especially because he is from my area) and b able to determine whether what he is complaining about is really something to consider.
I actually tend to take brie's opinions more seriously, she seems more in touch with reality
I agree with DJslblslbv (Daniel). The guy is quite technical and he usually nail it spotting major cons or design flaws.
Jai is a just a drama showman. He refuses even learning how to wick out of standards coils and atosmizers. God, how many times I tought "this man is a true donkey" seeing him wicking badly a good product. I have to agree with you about Brie, shes half stripper (or something) but shes nice.

reviewers, Most of them are in it for financial gain so they will big up anything even crap stuff if i said Rip Trippers then that's a prime example. Then there are the Dramatisers, Jai Haze being one and he hasn't got a clue apart from how to rant.
Monotomous reviews and the need to outdo each other. Now we are getting reviewers that cause the cost of stuff to go silly, prime example Ambitionzvaper, his names on allsorts and he isn't the nicest of folk, certainly someone who thinks he should charge folks to review their products. Greed annoys me.
Influencers, if anyone needs an enfluencer then they are insecure easily brainwashed and made to follow suit. Influencers eat sweetbreads thats why they talk a load of bollocks.
Review wise you can't get a better review than a POTV members review, The truth about any crap comes out, no one gets payed any cash to lie, and the review is more honest.
Blokes, there is no doubt Zophie is a very attractive girl, but that's why companies want her onboard, most men who fall for the "she's fit" con will never learn.

Better reviewers.

Bogan is decent, and Mikevapes. DJslb and P Busado are excellent for knowledge, but here's the flaw in reviews. Not everyone has the same tastes, vaping styles etc etc. So you may hate something your fav reviewer loves. I have seen loads of it, when folks have moaned that somethings been overhyped and is crap, Dead Rabbit anyone.

but here's the flaw in reviews. Not everyone has the same tastes, vaping styles etc etc. So you may hate something your fav reviewer loves.

That's exactly why Phil Busardo is my favourite reviewer though, because we do share similar tastes in gear and enjoy a similar vape. If he likes something, chances are I might too, if he doesn't I probably wont. That's exactly why I watch his reviews. It was Phil that turned me onto the Kabuki and Vika back in the day and I've trusted his opinion since.

Generally I watch reviews to see the product, more than to hear the opinion opinion of the reviewer, but like to see as many reviews as possible just to try to get a balanced view.

I don't bother watching influencers like Rip or Zophie, and I have a hard time sitting through Jai Haze's occasional product assassination reviews where he attempts to shoehorn the same dual core multi wrap kanthal fused clapton into every deck - and his constant drama/shit-stirring should go up his arse, where it belongs.

Other than the 3 above, I'm a complete slut and will watch all of them.

Todd and Qorax are the only two I take any notice of. No egos apparent with either of them and they both look like they enjoy what they're doing.

Back
Top Bottom