What's new

POLL How long did it take you to stop smoking?

How long did it take you to stop smoking?

• 1 Day

Votes: 186 48.7%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 61 16.0%
  • 1 Month

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • 3 Months

Votes: 19 5.0%
  • 6 Months or longer

Votes: 43 11.3%
  • I still dual fuel

Votes: 30 7.9%

• Total voters
Tried unsuccessfully for years with various methods, tried vaping nearly 5 years ago and haven't smoked since.

Tried unsuccessfully for years with various methods, tried vaping nearly 5 years ago and haven't smoked since.

Good For You. But I have tried many things but nothing works. I have just been successful to reduce the amount but could not leave it completely

I decided to stop smoking and try vaping in December last year as a new year resolution sort of thing..I had tried stopping smoking and vaping 18 months prior but failed as I had no clue basically what I was doing..I knew nothing about vape stuff or liquids or nicotine levels etc and I failed miserably.
But this time I’m good did a lot of research and stoped smoking and started vaping on the 2nd of jan and have not smoked a cigarette since.
Asked a lot of questions on here and got the correct advice&support and it’s been great since and I’m really enjoying vaping..

The day I started vaping was the last time I smoked, nearly 10 months ago now, I just found it a much nicer experience that met my needs and dependencies for nicotine without burning tobacco.

I duel fuelled for a good year, but the amount of cigs I was smoking gradually reduced until I was on one a day. I still remember my last one, I had about 3 drags on it, thought that tastes absolutely disgusting, put it out and never touched another one, that was 18 months ago. If I ever have the urge to smoke all I have to do is think of that last one, the craving goes straight away.

I dual fuelled for 6 months too.Up to that point I had given up the tailor mades at £7.50 a packet and had gone on to roll ups alone.I found that transition hard enough.I was never a good roller which made things easier as the frustration of not rolling a fag properly made me turn to the vape after a non stisfying smoke.Eventually I found the right setup and the right juice (that was the hard part) and ditched them for good.

My experience was that both me and the wife decided to give the ciggies a rest. Health forced me with a bad chest infection that floored me.
We had some rigs with the cartridges like a cigarette shape that we had bought a while ago. We charged them up and gave them a go I have to say it wasn’t pleasant as we coughed and couldn’t at first stand them. Having a read up it was the nicotine content that was to high.
The lad at the vape shop sorted us out with some lowers levels and we both landed on 6 being agreeable.
The first night my battery died and so rolled six fags that weren’t at all pleasant the Sunday night the same happened and I only had four rollies. On the Monday I acquired spare rigs, as I call them so we were charged up all day and no fags smoked for me though my wife was another three days with just one at night. She’s now 41 days smoke free and me at 45 so happy days. I’ve no wish to light another. Now knowing the harm they were doing to me. 48 years of smoking I’m hoping are well behind me. I’m right chuffed for my wife though as it is harder for women to sack the habit of smoking.

Back
Top Bottom