Pods, great or shite.

• Great

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Shite

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Banana

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
I have avoided pod systems so far - my first instinct was to hit the Shite button, but I can't because I've never owned one. They may be great..

I ordered a a cheapo Mechlyfe Ratel last week from China. After I paid for it I realised I've just bought a poxy pod mod. A pretentious rebuildable pod mod, but still a pod mod. Bollox.

Can't really give a conclusive answer for all pods. Some are really good and others I wouldn't give the time of day.

i have to say shite, just cause of the amount of overkill saturation. i’ve had a few but don’t use any of them at this point. although i’m not sure what a pod even is these days. are we including the 7694 plastic cloud tanks held to a mod by magnets? i think 327 of them are called vinci. :)

To subjective to give divinitie answer.
Think it must be somewhere in the middle.

Good for discreet vaping, out and about
Bad for the environment, lottery with coils.

Not voted.

That's the thing, what is a pod?

I always thought a pod was a pre-filled, disposable, small tank type thing.

The ones I have access to are just like a mod, tank and out the packet replaceable coil. I just can't chop and change battery / tank parts with other brands, heck Embra's pod is an externally charged battery.

It feels like the restrictions from TPD, and similar throughout the world, have made it almost impossible for independent makers to continue working towards, designing and producing the best tank.

Mass produced items will always be pile high, churn them out, keep costs down, take the path of least resistance (pun not intentional). This is seen with other areas eg clothes, food blah blah. Businesses are driven by demand, if the customer doesn't ask / buy it, why would they stock it for that 1 in 10,000 who does want it.

Those of us who have vaped for several years have been through egos, mechs, mods. The ones who have been vaping even longer saw adapted torches, cigalikes and probably a few other things.

We all know things change and nothing stays the same forever.

I've not used enough pod systems to say they are great or shite tbh.
As @Miss Pepper says, originally pods were pre filled throw away plastic jobbies.

Now, what is s pod? Just a plastic tank with push fit coils.

I've used the Drag 3 kit with TPP coils, which I think are much better then the pnp ones I used when I first had the Drag x.

The GTX Go 80 I won from @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) also gives a great flavour, and a pretty good vape overall...
However, the reason I'm never gonna make the switch or use pods often, is the coils can be very hit and miss.
5 pack of GTX and 3 dudds!
The same reason I'm not into stock sub ohm tanks, coil agg!

Guess I'm too much of an RDA fan to switch to anything else.
If I get my coil build wrong, that's my fault, but that doesn't happen.

Pods have their place in an ever changing market, and on the whole, pretty good, just not a huge fan myself.

Well this is an interesting one for me seen as it 90% of what I use and review!

But I can fully understand all pros and cons of the POD kit. Most people love or hate them, there are many haters out there and as I have always said as long as someone is vaping Pod and not smoking then its a win imo.

For me a POD is anything that is not a tank, they come in many shapes and sizes. Some are shockingly shite and some are amazingly good ie: Univapo Kipo, Geekvape Wenax series, Aspire Favostix to name a few good ones!

Using a POD for me was always about convenience and ease of use, im too impatient and shit at building. I do use a few MTL tanks but PODS are my thing, just wish they would not produce so many and make more with replaceable coils

+1 for the wenax, for a starter or newbie.

I'll use my two pod type thingies when driving or on my walks, perfect for that.

Have to agree with DD though, seems to be soooooo many out there, and although choices make it great, can also be confusing if your starting out.

Back
Top Bottom