What's new

MSc Dissertation project looking at the differences in mood across current smokers, vapers, ex-s

Hi guys!

I am currently conducting my Psychology masters research project and I am in need of participants! This research will require you to complete a series of questionnaires online, which will take no longer than 15 minutes. This research project is looking at the differences in mood across current smokers, vapers, ex-smokers and non-smokers.

If you are over 18 and fit into one of the below categories, then please follow the link to take part in my research study.

- Current smoker (must smoke at least 5 cigarettes a day & have been smoking for at least 1 year)
- Vapers (no longer smoking cigarettes and using vaping as a method to quit smoking)
- Ex-smoker (must have quit smoking for at least 6 months and smoked 5 or more a day before quitting)
- Non-smoker (have not smoked more than 20 cigarettes in your lifetime)

If you have any queries about the research or you would like any more information, then please do not hesitate to send me a message. Thank you in advance for taking part in this research!

https://leedsbeckettpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4Sghu4j4ZzfbzYF

I completed your questionnaire.

What do the questions have to do with smoking and vaping? Someone’s answers to the questions could vary over time with no relation to their smoking or vaping habits.

I think it’s to see, from a snapshot, if vapers are a happy bunch of campers, Zoo.

Lauren could have just looked at the ‘I took all my gear to work and it got stolen (give me your stuff for free)’ thread.

Question: “I felt life was meaningless”

This is a philosophical question not a psychological one.

I feel life is utterly pointless on a daily basis but it has nothing to do with my state of mind. It’s the nothingness of existence that makes me want to enjoy life while it goes on.

‘Is this as good as it gets’, asked Jack Nicholson. I refer the world to entropy - so the answer is yes. And getting worse by the second. Culminating in the destruction of the world in 3.5 billion years, and the obliteration of the solar system as we knew it after that.

It’s Friday everyone, yey. Time to get pissed and forget that we are not who we hoped we’d be when we were younger.

God I’m depressed.

That would have given her the answer, but it wouldn’t have satisfied the obsessive compulsive need for statistical analysis that psychologists exhibit. In fact there may be a questionnaire in this, I feel.

“The differences in mood across psychologists and non-psychologists”

Question: “I felt life was meaningless”

This is a philosophical question not a psychological one.

I feel life is utterly pointless on a daily basis but it has nothing to do with my state of mind. It’s the nothingness of existence that makes me want to enjoy life while it goes on.

‘Is this as good as it gets’, asked Jack Nicholson. I refer the world to entropy - so the answer is yes. And getting worse by the second. Culminating in the destruction of the world in 3.5 billion years, and the obliteration of the solar system as we knew it after that.

It’s Friday everyone, yey. Time to get pissed and forget that we are not who we hoped we’d be when we were younger.

God I’m depressed.

Yes that’s what i was getting at. The questions are asking about existential problems.

Hopefully @Lauren Worthington can enlighten us.

That would have given her the answer, but it wouldn’t have satisfied the obsessive compulsive need for statistical analysis that psychologists exhibit. In fact there may be a questionnaire in this, I feel.

“The differences in mood across psychologists and non-psychologists”
I did a kind of house parent thing at one university, looking after problems of students living in private accommodation.

The biggest issues, and the most issues, always came from one group - the psychology students. Boy were they a needy lot.

Yes that’s what i was getting at. The questions are asking about existential problems.

Hopefully @Lauren Worthington can enlighten us.

636C8D96-4BBD-42EE-8FD6-2E70683149CE.gif

Ok, let’s try a different approach.

“I am alone in the midst of these happy, reasonable voices. All these creatures spend their time explaining, realizing happily that they agree with each other. In Heaven's name, why is it so important to think the same things all together.”

Smoker, or vaper?

Fucking students,pshhh
Making me think and everything,
about my life long journey of inhalation from air at birth then fags at 13 then all the solvents then resins then herb then opiates then the evil poison that is skunk then loads of anisthetic to try and correct all that had been previously inhaled,back to tobacco on the sly then 2 and half years ago my life began anew with vaping .
When was i at my happiest?
Please send your answers in a stamped addressed email or something.

Back
Top Bottom