What's new

Increasing Tank Capacity

Would you buy a tank glass like this for 7-8 pounds?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
Awesome, are they Pyrex style glass, I could see me smashing that pretty dam quickly is all.
You should put some swirly colours in there!

I think it's a great idea, even if it's asking for a smashed tank.
Out of curiosity, could you make them so they are just a bit fatter then usual tanks (like some of the big tank glass already available) or is it only the bowl style you can do.
Also how much can you customise with colours as there is a whole lot of people who like to matchey matchey their set ups

I think it really depends on the type of glass. If it is fragile, then no. I remember one of my first RTA's come with glass that would nearly crack if you breathed on it- I had to find replacements from China that were stronger before I could even use it.
With the bulge at the sides I see it breaking very easily.

If it is a strong type of pyrex or similar, then it is a cool idea. Do remember though that you can buy packs of say 5 replacement sections for very cheap from Chinese sites, so these would be best for TPD compliant tanks.

Because of this, I voted no- only because me myself wouldn't buy one, as I don't have the need. Other people might though.

It is still really cool though you have made these :)

I have the fatboy glass for the Cleito already and imo it makes the tank look really cool, so yes, I'd give it a go.

Pretty cool, not sure I would want one for a cloud beast but for my 22mm tanks would certainly be interested.

Looks good - wonder if youll get some users to test on different tanks to help get more sales without having to make lots of different versions?

The idea is great, but you need to remember that there are MANY different tanks with different measurements, so it would be hard to satisfy many customers ;)

Back
Top Bottom