What's new

Do you actually save money after quiting smoking?

Even including this week as its been a £500 quid on vape gear week.. Oops .. But overall after 3 + years of vape... Definitely works out cheaper . The dope the tobacco, the expensive cigars .. None of that now.

I said I wasnt going to spend anything this month. Damn, that didnt last long

So far this year I have spent £1.
That leaves me with £99 of my annual vape budget (kept under £100 for the last 2 years) , though i am thinking of cutting my budget to £50 year otherwise i will just end up buying unnecessary stuff.

I have a lifetime supply of mechs, attys and kanthal and over 10 years worth of nicotine in the freezer.
All I really need this year is 1L of pg and 1L of vg.

I thought I might replace some batteries this year but having tested them all I have identified the 4 best ones and think I am ok for another year on that front.

I might buy a clone rda from China and get replacements for a couple of lost drip tips .

Mmmmm. If I double my vg & pg order, buy a couple of samsung 30Q and make a small order from FT, perhaps I could make next year a £0 year. I like that idea.

If I stuck to my good intentions id save money but then there is always an idea to mix another recipe or I see a different concentrate that takes my fancy and you know what happens. That's without even thinking about Hardwear.

If I stuck to my good intentions id save money but then there is always an idea to mix another recipe or I see a different concentrate that takes my fancy and you know what happens. That's without even thinking about Hardwear.
I think I've planned all I need to order with regards to hardware and my coil making kit in my Amazon and FastTech baskets.

Then its slowly adding to the stuff for making my own juice, On shortfills at the mo.

So all the main stuff is budgeted for (that means spent in my head) and after that I should start seeing the savings from quitting smoking. Which in the 2nd month I don't think is too bad,

Obviously short some bits and bigger bits that I want rather than need. Well that's most of it to be fair.

I'm rambling now, just typing out my thoughts. Gonna go shurrup... till the next post :D

I had loads of gear and ejuice, but fell off the wagon and started smoking again for a couple of years.. I started vaping again Jan 1st, and never spent a thing for a week or two, as I was already set up.
The dreaded shinyitis took over, and I convinced myself that my perfectly serviceable 'old' gear needed updated. I must have spent around £500 in the last couple of months. Hopefully my shinyitis has settled down now, and I only buy the odd thing or two from now on.
It's still a huge saving over 30 cigs a day, £80 a week on fags.

I had loads of gear and ejuice, but fell off the wagon and started smoking again for a couple of years.. I started vaping again Jan 1st, and never spent a thing for a week or two, as I was already set up.
The dreaded shinyitis took over, and I convinced myself that my perfectly serviceable 'old' gear needed updated. I must have spent around £500 in the last couple of months. Hopefully my shinyitis has settled down now, and I only buy the odd thing or two from now on.
It's still a huge saving over 30 cigs a day, £80 a week on fags.
Same on 50 a day here and never been so skint lol. But that is the first month and there will be costs this month. But hopefully not as much!

The shinyitus I'm getting now is seeing it turn into savings in my bank account! Wanna save up for an automatic garage door so I might be able to get my mobility scooter out on my own. When of course they've finally got my painkilling meds sorted and settled!

I refuse to go on opiates, except co-codamol so it's a toughy lol :D

Back
Top Bottom