What's new

Do you actually save money after quiting smoking?

I don't think I do but depends on how much you smoked, I was 20-30 a day myself with liquids being £9-£10 and I go through about 2 a week it doesn't seem like I do
I used to smoke roll ups , me and the wife went through about 150 grams of bakki a week costing around £50-60 per week probs is more now. since vaping we are spending around £5 per week as i make my own juice, but before that i was using £1 10ml bottles at a cost of £15 per week. i estimate we have saved around £6000+ over the last 2.5 years so £3k each. best thing i ever did quit the filth for health reasons and cost. even with the money i spent on all the hardware i have saved a small fortune. I would never ever buy those liquids i see in vape shops for like £4.99 or £5.99 for 10ml its a total rip off and way overpriced in fact i would never even pay £1.99 for 10 ml no e-liquid whatever the taste and quality is worth that imo, but i am a tight sod so that has a lot to do with it i suppose.

At this moment in time, definitely not. I'm going through the 'transition'. Vaping has helped me to quit smoking and now it's becoming a hobby.

Buying things such as coil building kit and RDAs left right and centre has well and truly put paid to my savings!

I don't. Initial payout for a half decent kit. I've got enough to last me a bit now. I can get a 20 pack of fags for £2 off a mate. But I enjoy vaping more, I don't have to go outside in the cold, can chill and watch TV and have a tipple and sit next to my better half who has never smoked while we enjoy our evening. I also don't smell of smoke. It'll pan out eventually and don't resent the price differences or health benefits.

Me and the wife used to smoke 20 a day each and the fags were near as makes a difference £10 a go, so 20 quid a day over a month equaling about £600.

Even with my shinyitis this month buying juice and mods etc I’ve spent £150...... usually about £90 on average so a massive saving on my part...... plus I don’t smell like a working mans club and have a mouth like a dustbin anymore [emoji1303]

im now almost upto £10,000 saved since i gave up and ive not smoked over 20,000 cigs in almost 3 years.
i must have spent £4000+ on vape gear now but ive still got all the mods,tanks and enough juice to open a shop and lots of spare wonga saved up for my next trip to vegas :D

After the initial outlay, the savings are huge. In my final year of smoking I spent over £4,000. In my first year of vaping I spent about half that. I still have a bit of the old "Shinyitis" but I'm getting better - I've only bought one new tank and two new mods in the last month. Nearly all my juice is home made and it works out to the equivalent of about 25p per 10ml on average, call it two quid a week absolute maximum, usually a lot less, and I spend up to about £15 a month max on coils. I don't know what the cost of charging batteries is but I haven't noticed any significant change in my leccy bill. I reckon I'm at least £3,500 a year better off. And I'm going to live longer and you can't put a price on that. :D

I don't think I'm saving all that much to be honest. I switched to making my own liquids as paying £10 for 30ml of liquid which lasted me 2 days was quite sore, probably more so because I bought in bulk so the initial outlay was more noticeable than the cost of a pack of cigarettes every day. But of course getting into making own liquids in itself is highly addictive and curiosity takes over and before you know it you're coming down with different flavour concentrates. Then different flavours require their own dedicated tank and each tank requires dedicated mod and batteries (maybe this is just me). Then there's that initial outlay for mixing stuff...bottles, syringes, VG, PG, nicotine, concentrates etc. I think my first order of stuff was somewhere around £50.

I've just roughly worked out what I've spent so far on material to make my own coils. Bit of an eye watering £140. This includes the 5 RTA decks I've bought compatible with 3 of my tanks (wtf!) wire, toolkit set, ohm reader & battery, ceramic tweezers, pre-made coils, cotton etc. I'm not too fussed though because it entertains me and keeps me occupied.

I am now saving shed loads! Stopped buying mods and tanks for now! All I'm spending on is diy juice, cotton and coils, its lovely the thought I will actually have money the last week of Xmas!

Being new on here I am very interested in this subject as I spent just over a tenner a day on 20 fags 7 days a week 365 days a year for over 20 years. Since vaping 3 weeks ago I have saved plenty of dosh which bought my mod and tanks and juice so I am now in credit with myself for switching. I had to invest in my kit to start vaping not knowing if it would work for me as I was still smoking whilst getting used to it and setting it up right with the right juice, but once you are passed that investment by saving the money from not smoking it staggers me on how I could afford to smoke in the first place.

I used to smoke 20 a day at a tenner a pop and maybe £40 a week on green stuff so about £450-500 a month. I spent about £500 in the first month getting kitted out with a couple of mods, a couple of tanks and a couple of rdas, with a load of premade juice and some diy stuff.
Been off all smokables since the middle of September so I'd say I'm definitely up financially not to mention how much healthier I feel and how less guilty I feel about the smell when I hug my missus and kids.
Vaping is the only thing that could ever have saved me from smoking and has helped me to improve my life in so many ways.

Back
Top Bottom