What's new

Are there good prices in your local stores?

Are there good prices in your local stores?

• yes prices are the same

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • no they are higher

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • i dont know

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
Haven't been in a B&M since June when I ran out of cotton on a Sunday and the bastard charged me £5 for 15 pads. A week later I bought 500 in the classifieds for a tenner. I understand the need for mark up and profit but that's just taking the piss. Luckily I'm never in a hurry for anything now. I reckon I could go about a year without buying anything (except maybe batteries) if needed.

I have crazy prices in my local stores so i prefer to wait for delivery (that is quite long) but pay fare amount of money for my gear

I used my local B&M for the 1st couple months when I was a total noob. Looking back on it now, everything--& I do mean everything--was considerably more expensive than what I could find online.
They also don't carry mangy of the popular juice lines I've grown to love.
So unfortunately, I stopped shopping there completely, even though they have a rewards program that's supposed to save you $. Well, I can find everything online for cat cheaper even than their prices with rewards points.
I'd like to support local businesses, but not at such a high comparative cost.

Most independent shops I've been in are pricey but I was pleasantly surprised by Vaporized in-store prices when I nipped in for some coils.

Considering I don't live in a sprawling metropolis, I was fairly surprised to find 4 vape shops within easy striking distance.

Pricing varies quite a bit and it's not very consistent...

The place I bought my first kit - a bit more than buying online, but as it went: make final decision to swap smoking for vaping Thursday night, go to town Friday lunchtime and visit shops, go home with kit, not smoke since that afternoon - I'm perfectly happy with paying the extra 10-15% that I've since found out it cost.

That is, in my book, a very small premium to pay to have the instant stop instead of paying another £150 on baccy while I wait a few weeks for stuff to arrive.

Since then, I've bought a few bits in another shop that was open to a bit of haggling - again, a bit more than I could have achieved online but speed easily outweighed the piffling amount of difference.

The third place? Very nice, clean, bright, well laid out - usually devoid of customers and quite expensive. Been in and out a couple of times but can't see me buying there.

Last close one - visited once, no intention of ever going back... As an example of their pricing structure - I paid a tenner online for a new genuine vv pulse mech, they want £45 for the same thing. No, just no. Oh, and running the hoover and a duster round wouldn't exactly kill you ;)

I'm quite happy to pay a bit of a premium for some things - the ability to take it back if something fails is very useful, especially when starting out (no backups...), advice I'm not too concerned about (I know full well that I have much more technical knowledge than they do) but sometimes convenience wins the day.

The shop I bought my current setup from seems reasonably priced. I'm not over sure if it is though as I haven't checked any of the other shops in town.

I prefer the shops in the high street to buying online as it is easier for me to get military discount at them.

My local vape store is affordable and do amazing deals depending on what you buy and certain things are the same price as online I bought my dna250c triade at my local shop for £125 and came with free battery's and half price 4 Bay charge and on ebay the mod is £138 by its self they always do very affordable juices as well I'm from Newcastle UK and the store is Upton vape

My local vape store is affordable and do amazing deals depending on what you buy and certain things are the same price as online I bought my dna250c triade at my local shop for £125 and came with free battery's and half price 4 Bay charge and on ebay the mod is £138 by its self they always do very affordable juices as well I'm from Newcastle UK and the store is Upton vape

Dang, that's good to hear.
At my local shop they don't sell any of the major brands, only their own brand & some lesser-known ones (likely local or regional).
Also, they have maybe 1 or 2 RDAs for sale AT MOST. No RTAs or RDTAs. Mostly just prebuilt coilhead tanks, & even in those they lack much variety.
Lowest juice price ¢/ml is around ¢21 there for brands I don't know. I get premium liquids online usually for around ¢10-20 including shipping. Opportunity for deals online is extremely likely, whereas at the shop it's almost a guaranteed improbability drive.

So yeah, fuck my local shop. It was great for the 1st couple months when I started out vaping full time after quitting cigarettes, but I outgrew it petty damn fast.
The biggest contributions they made to my vaping journey was selling me my 1st regulated mod (the Innokin Proton kit) & my Coil Master tool kit at reasonable prices.
But overall, I can't afford to shop there, even if their selection was decent. I wish them all the best & I hope they make money... but not from me, LOL :)

Back
Top Bottom