What's new

What is the best coil ?

The TC kicking in is simply throttling the wattage back to keep the coil at your desired TC setting. It's still producing vapour, it's just not producing the same amount or as hot a vapour compared to the same wattage without TC. But, it doesn't sound like all is working as it should be here!!

The long format 0.0006 number looks like a TCR number (I don't know what your mod is and you've supplied no mention of what you've done to get this number, but it certainly sounds like an absolute TCR). You DON'T want to be messing around in the TCR M1, M2, or M3 modes. Simply put the mod into TC Ni mode, then reduce the wattage and TC back down and start again, gradually walking them up again. Hopefully you'll start to get a better vape. Hang in there, we'll get you there :).

It sounds like you've accidentally entered one of the custom TCR modes with an incorrect TCR for Nickel, which could give an underwhelming vape. Putting the mod into the correct mode for your Nickel coils should rectify the issue OK :).

Let us know if that improves things :). Supply some info on what mod you're using too and how you're getting to the long format number, just to be sure it's an accidental user error and not an issue with the mod itself too bud ;).
I don't have anything changed or modded it's just the ni-200 in a tfv4 micro tank I removed the coil and started over and kept all the settings as they came up so 30 watts and didn't change that long number but it still cuts out put the temp up to 600f and watts upto 70 and I get a 3 second vape . I have no clue what I'm doing wrong [emoji26]

I don't have anything changed or modded it's just the ni-200 in a tfv4 micro tank I removed the coil and started over and kept all the settings as they came up so 30 watts and didn't change that long number but it still cuts out put the temp up to 600f and watts upto 70 and I get a 3 second vape . I have no clue what I'm doing wrong [emoji26]

You changed the coil??? Is the new coil Nickel or another material???

Is the mod definitely in TC Ni mode if it is a Nickel coil??

What resistance/ohms is your mod displaying??

You also need to specify on the H Priv if you're using a single or dual Nickel coil, have you correctly set that too?? Ideally you need to read the manual well, read online info for operating the H Priv in TC mode or start a new thread for "Using H Priv in TC", for other H Priv users to give specific info to that mod ;). I have some Smoks, but they're older and less advanced and my other mods have very different menu's to the H Priv!!

Last edited:
sorry didnt see your
You changed the coil??? Is the new coil Nickel or another material???

Is the mod definitely in TC Ni mode if it is a Nickel coil??

What resistance/ohms is your mod displaying??

You also need to specify on the H Priv if you're using a single or dual Nickel coil, have you correctly set that too?? Ideally you need to read the manual well, read online info for operating the H Priv in TC mode or start a new thread for "Using H Priv in TC", for other H Priv users to give specific info to that mod ;). I have some Smoks, but they're older and less advanced and my other mods have very different menu's to the H Priv!!

sorry didnt see your reply
I gave up and changed back to the old coil is what i meant ,but the tc coil was reading 0.1 and i looked the settings up but smok dont help to much lol will start a new thread thanks for all your help

Back
Top Bottom