What's new

What do I need to buy

silk186

Achiever
I recently won a very generous give away from @tony68 which I will recieve when I return from China. Two things have occured to me, I don't exactly know what everything is I've one is, or what other bits and bobs I will need to pick up to use them. Staying in China has the advantage of access to the market, a friend is coming up to visit from Shenzhen. This is balanced by the dissadvantage of no Google or Youtube. Even the PotV site takes half a minute for a post or page load.

I'm moving from a Smok Stick v8 Baby, so I have a lot to learn.
stick_v8-3.png

to this
img_7114-1-jpg.157096

Wotofo Serpent bf - says it is a match for sqonk
WOTOFO The Troll RTA Atomizer - 5ml tank
OBS Engine RTA - is engine just the name or does this mean something?
OBS Engine Nano - updated versionhttp://vaperanks.com/reviews/obs-engine-nano-rta-review/
Eleaf I Just S with 2 tanks and 8 coils - a starter kit smilar to my Smok (not sure how they compare)
Eleaf iStick TC 100w - my first mod, I can put some tanks on top and fire them up
Vaporesso MTL Drizzle vaping kit with 2 coils - a nice looking MTL stick (I've been wanting to try one)
A few coil tamer bands - I have no idea what these are
Bit of 316 ss twisted wire for picture hanging - some wire for making coils for RDA
a few muji cotton pads for your makeup - cotton for RDA

This took me about 20 minutes to get all the linkes. I'm really pleased with the look of the Wotofo tanks and i think 100w should be more than enough for me to learn with. I'm thinking about getting a sqonk box while I'm in China so the bf is perfect.

Can all of these tanks go on top of the 100w mod?
What do I should I buy in China and what should I buy in the UK (Cotton, batteries, battry charger and wire).
Did I miss anything else I should buy in China for this? I don't want to buy more than necissary but want to take advantage of prices in China if they are cheaper.

I vape maybe 90 minutes a day, one session during an afternoon walk and the second when I watch 1-2 shows after midnight.

@tony68 said that I will need 2x 18650 batteries for the mod.
Panasonic (65mm, 67mm, 69mm), nicfire and UltraFire which is by far the most popular.
Chinese seem to love the UltraFire batteries. Which batteries should I get and which size, I couldn't find a length on the Eleaf product page. How long do batteries last for. Will 2 batteries last me a year?

I felt that I was missing something here, it seems 25r is something important, but actually recommendations depent on vaping style, which I don't know yet. 25r puts LG in the lead of search results with something called HE2 and HE4 for around 2-3 quid in red and yellow.

Battery charger - something that will charge a pair, does it matter much what I buy?

Cotton - I know that this is used in RTA tanks so I will need some. @tony68 has suggested muji cotton. I've seen something about cotton baccon prime and fuzz cotton. Is it worth trying to get some in China of should i order in the UK? How much should I order?

Wire - @tony68 "Kanthal A1 24 gauge wire is the best for beginners". Again how much and China or UK.

I will of course be watching lots of youtube videos and researching on Google before melting my hand off. I know about shortfills, steaping and priming coils. I've tried looking up wire and cotton on Taobao but most only have a hand full of sales, suggesting that vaping really hasn't caught on and the most people are buying from local shops. What UK sites are good for cotton, wire and batteries, or is everyone buying from China and the US?

I know that the post is a bit of a ramble but I've tried to organise it as best as I can, and to do some research and add links.

You won a Vape shop! Wow, what a pick up!:thumbup:
I know, I couldn't believe it. But I didn't make the thread for a humble brag. I really don't know what half of this kit is. Hopefully warmer weather will lead to some local London meets.

Get batteries from a trusted vendor, i.e. wait until you're back in the UK. The general consensus seems to be that anything with 'fire' in the name is to be avoided. Use Fogstar or 18650UK, and you'll get genuine reliable batteries.

I would definitely wait until you come back to buy the batteries and charger. And definitely don’t get ultra fire ones. Buy from a trusted supplier such as fogstar or 18650.uk

I know, I couldn't believe it. But I didn't make the thread for a humble brag. I really don't know what half of this kit is. Hopefully warmer weather will lead to some local London meets.
:18: Your a step ahead of me, I don't know what most of it is!
Have fun. :2thumbsup:

It might be worth seeing if you can pick up a Coilmaster V3 kit while you're out there. You don't necessarily need everything in the kit to make coils, but if it's significantly cheaper, it'll be worth getting to start you off. The Ijust and Drizzle kits should be good to go, the rest of them I'm pretty sure are rebuildables.

It might be worth seeing if you can pick up a Coilmaster V3 kit while you're out there. You don't necessarily need everything in the kit to make coils, but if it's significantly cheaper, it'll be worth getting to start you off. The Ijust and Drizzle kits should be good to go, the rest of them I'm pretty sure are rebuildables.
I looked online and they don't seem any cheaper. Not worth haveing something extra to bring back.

I would definitely wait until you come back to buy the batteries and charger. And definitely don’t get ultra fire ones. Buy from a trusted supplier such as fogstar or 18650.uk
I agree, I thought the price difference would be greater.

I 2nd that! Can get them from Amazon though when you come back. Pretty heavy for the luggage limits :)

If a mod needs 2 batteries, you need another 2 for when they are charging. In a 2 battery mod, keep the batteries married so you always use the same pair together :)

I don't know any more about the other stuff than you do, so can't help there lol.

Congratulations on the prize!! @tony68 did you a goodun!!:woohoo:

Back
Top Bottom