What's new

Vaping is under threat

I just showed mine it on the website, if looks could kill.......lol.

It will be mine, oh yes. It will me mine :D

Hmmm reading this it is all a bit of a worry :/ I've mostly just bumbled along thinking all is well I guess, mainly due to the new vape shops still popping up all over and the sheer number of converts I see - there seems to be as many ecigs as stinkies being smoked on the streets in my town now. I stopped smoking with vaping around 4 years ago, I have a couple of fairly serious health conditions of a neurology/autoimmune nature and my consultants and GP have essentially said that to them I count as a non-smoker which I took to be fairly representative of the NHS at the time. My parents are happy with it which is even more telling lol, they seem to get my reasoning that no its not as ideal as breathing pure air but it's massive harm reduction in terms of how I used to be! I vape small all-in-one type mods and am discrete with their usage, vaping is generally permitted in the independant pubs I go to so I've rather taken my eye off the ball - time for that to change by the sounds of it.

If you are reading this there is a good chance that you are new to the world of vaping, so firstly WELCOME to the community :welcome1:

Vaping has been around since 2006, and has increased greatly in popularity. Vaping is what is known as a 'disruptive technology' - it developed outside the normal channels by which consumer products are brought to the market. As a result of that it has been largely unregulated, but this is about to change.

In every country across the world governments are introducing regulations. In some countries these are extremely restrictive, to the point where the purchase of vaping products is banned. In others there has so far been a somewhat more enlightened approach.

Now don't get me wrong, regulations with regards to vaping are not all bad - in fact I would go as far as to say that some regulation is essential. The key is that the regulation needs to be proportionate, and a ban on vaping or purchasing vaping products most definitely is not that.

Now before you all run around screaming like chickens with their heads cut off, all is not lost. There are a large and varied range of campaigns, lobbying and legal actions taking place. These aim to shape regulation in a way that protects people from shoddy products and prevents the purchase of products by children, but still allows vaping to exist and grow and fulfil its potential AND YOU CAN HELP.

I have listed some of the most important actions and organisations (imo) that are fighting on behalf of vaping, along with links that allow you to sign up and show your support, add your name to a petition, or otherwise get involved. If you want to take it further and become an active vaping advocate there are lots of opportunities within the organisations listed.

The New Nicotine Alliance (NNA) is a registered charity whose board is made up of vapers, public health analysts and scientists. They are involved in lobbying the British government, advising professional bodies and briefing the media with regards to reduced risk nicotine delivery devices. You can sign up to be a supporter here Supporter sign-up form - New Nicotine Alliance UK

M.O.V.E is a body of scientists and medical professionals that are in support of vaping and electronic cigarettes. If your doctor or other health professional is in support of vaping please pass them the details of the organisation and ask them to sign up https://sciencecig.wordpress.com/move/

AIDUCE is the French Independent Association of Electronic Cigarette Users, their petition against the implementation of the Tobacco Products Directive has been gathering strength. Anyone can sign it, the rules which affect all of us could be defeated in any country, and all of us would reap the benefit. This page provides an English translation of the petition - clicking on the picture at the top takes you to the online form. Aiduce Anti TPD Petition | vapers.org.uk

CASAA is the Consumer Advocates for Smokefree Alternatives Association in America. It started out on a vaping forum in 2009 and now has over 40,000 members. You can sign up to be notified of any Calls to Action for the area in which you live, and you can also add your testimonial to their collection of success stories about vaping and smoke-free alternatives. http://casaa.org/E-cig_User_Testimonials.html

Vapers in Power is a political party, registered in the UK with the Electoral Commission. The party was set up by a group of ordinary vapers in response to a clause in the Tobacco Products Directive that could have a direct effect on the free speech of vapers. Each week they publish a Call to Action on the forums, Facebook and Twitter which has things you can do to help vaping. These include petitions, protests, letters and government consultations. http://vapersinpower.co.uk/call-to-action
Too many people abuse the vaping blowing big clouds in public places. We vapers should act more responsible.

Here in chile vaping is still in diapers. I myself only know 2 people outside the vaping world that vapes. It is very very expensive to import equipment and customs stalls and delay the import of liquid making materials. I guess they say that alone they are fine but they can't be shipped together . As you probably guess this a huge smoking country and my life so changed after starting vaping 4!years ago. I'm not the nasty ass chick with the stinky car. I guess living in the states for 16 years made me a little self contious. Chileans are starting to make really good juices at a fraction of the imported ones, but we are sooooo far behind USA and Europe is frustrating. Only clones are find here and if that

After making the transition from smoking to vaping I still observe the same courtesy towards other people that don't smoke or vape, just because its not illegal to vape somewhere doesn't make it right

And nor is it right for a non vaper to make offensive and derogatory comments, just because they don't like or understand vaping. Respect is a two way street.

Gotta love Ijoy with their big tanks! Just bought a Ijoy limitless RTDA plus that has a 6.3ml tank. Can't wait till my mod and batteries arrive to try it out
How did it go, I just got it and I haven't figure out a set up that works. To hot and too much spitting with a single cool of Clapton at 0.9. Not too impressed jet

@Paicavi I've been using mine for the last few months and love it, I Vape at around 0.4 ohms at 60w with a dual kanthal build, no spit back or dry hits. I did buy a larger drip tip of eBay for it for a better draw

Back
Top Bottom