What's new

Vaping and asthma

CeeMee

Postman
Hello!

I've heard lots of conflicting stuff about vaping and asthma, that it can make it worse, that fluid can pool in your lungs(!) I was wondering, if you're willing to admit to having asthma and vaping/having smoked, what's your experience? Anyone know of any actual scientific evidence either way?

Many thanks :)

Hello!

I've heard lots of conflicting stuff about vaping and asthma, that it can make it worse, that fluid can pool in your lungs(!) I was wondering, if you're willing to admit to having asthma and vaping/having smoked, what's your experience? Anyone know of any actual scientific evidence either way?

Many thanks :)
Yes. its far safer to vape than to smoke. Here is a l trial that acknowledges the benefits switching can make. It was generally well received but limited due to small numbers.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4053879/

"Therefore, e-cig use in asthmatic smokers unable or unwilling to quit should be exploited as a safer alternative approach to harm-reversal (i.e. specific reversal of asthma-related outcomes) and, in general, to harm reduction (i.e. overall reduction of smoke-related diseases).”

:)

That was absolutely fascinating, thanks! I'm tempted to go off and start a diary to see how it improves :D

I smoked with astma and used my blue inhaler about 4 times a day iv now been vaping somewhere between 5 and 6 years and the only time I use my inhaler is when I come down with something like a cold or flu [emoji5]

Yeah i get asthma. I used to smoke which now and then gave me mild asthma symptoms. After giving up the cigs it improved somewhat. I never coughed anything up like some do and my overall breathing is the same, have always been reasonably fit so im guessing that helped. Vaping doesnt cause any issues, in fact apart from the cigs causing mild asthma back then i dont really feel any different now than i did then.
One thing in vaping did though cause some severe attacks was when i once used Flavour Art Flash to replicate the throat hit of cigs. Seemed ok shake n vape but as it steeped a bit then the problems started. That one, Flash, should carry a warning on its label in my opinion.

Heck I already said it in your introductory thread, but it bears repeating here, I should think. To quote myself:
I'm asthmatic and sensitive to PG too.

I find that nicotine doesn't trigger my asthma, it soothes it...unless you put PG in my vape!

I tend find that my food/chemical sensitivities get worse with contibnuing exposure so i've completely cut out the PG. That said, I had a few thorny juice supply issues, until I stated DIY.

Anyways, it's nice to have another PG-sensitive ape joining up :) I've been arguing for a PG-free subforum. I can use you as further justification :D

I should add that that prior to vaping , i was smoking, ofc (still have the occcasional smoke)and I found that soothed my asthma too, not that anyone believed me! and I know iIm not unique in that (I have encountered one or two others) . Ny reactions to PG were though, were severe enoug to drive me back onto the smokes until I solved my supply p[roblems with PG-free juice. I perservered with vaping PG for as long as I could, but it got to the poinrt where I couldn't inhale the stuff at all, not without coughing it back the moment my lungs got a hint of it.

I've also heard of a few cases of VG sensitivity. Most self-declared cases are probably just going througjh that cough people get when they transition from smoking to vaping, but it klooks like the odd one here and there is genine/ I came across the interesting theory , somewhere, that it;s caused by traces of palm oil in the VG.

People can be allergic to just about any damned thing, so those "allergen free" claims on some products make me laugh.

@Tazz , in the light of which you can arguably slap a warning label on anything at all! I'll settle for a full and specifici list of ingredients. Some manufacturers are loathe to supply that . :(

@Tazz , in the light of which you can arguably slap a warning label on anything at all! I'll settle for a full and specifici list of ingredients. Some manufacturers are loathe to supply that . :(

Seems silly not to supply a list of ingredients, like in food. I'm surprised cig manufacturers don't have to - that would knock a lot of smoking on the head just through sheer fright!

Seems silly not to supply a list of ingredients, like in food. I'm surprised cig manufacturers don't have to - that would knock a lot of smoking on the head just through sheer fright!
There wouldn't be room on the packet

Tis true
images (8).jpg

I was told by someone once that Flash had capsaicin in it. Dont know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom