What's new

Vape Setting on Fire?

AuroraG

I am new to vaping and really don't know much about vaporizers. I bought the Smok Baby Prince TFV12 a few weeks ago and have been using it with no problems. However, when I changed the coil today my mod was saying 'no atomizer'. I cleaned things up and tried again but no luck. I then tried another coil and this one starting to smoke a lot and smelled like fire - the first time I connected it I forgot to prep it, I then prepped it and it still seemed like it might set on fire. Is this something I can fix? Or will I have to buy another tank? The one I have is only a few weeks old and I started vaping to save money, not spend more!

I really appreciate any help or advice!

Hi and welcome to the planet.
Check atomiser happens on a lot of tanks. It means either it is not connecting so needs screwing in tighter or it's a faulty coil.

Firing with no liquid in has fried that coil so it's ready for the bin.
Your tank will now need a good wash to get rid of the dry hit burnt taste.
Get in the routine of priming the coil so before putting in tank drip juice on all the cotton. Then put in tank and fill. Then start at a lot lower wattage than you vape at. I vape at 50-70w buy start at 20w and turn up a few watt each puff. This will ease in the coil. Starting a new coil on high wattage then there is always a risk of it but burning out straight away.

Could be worse.

20181023_155405.png

Thank you! I did try this but couldn't seem to get rid of the burnt taste. Definitely, a lesson learnt! I had to buy a new tank and won't be making that mistake again. I'll use your advice for priming the coil in future.

A complete strip down, change of O rings, and a good soak in Milton could revive it, if you haven't already binned it.

Thank you! I did try this but couldn't seem to get rid of the burnt taste. Definitely, a lesson learnt! I had to buy a new tank and won't be making that mistake again. I'll use your advice for priming the coil in future.
a learning curve. weve all been there :D

I am new to vaping and really don't know much about vaporizers. I bought the Smok Baby Prince TFV12 a few weeks ago and have been using it with no problems. However, when I changed the coil today my mod was saying 'no atomizer'. I cleaned things up and tried again but no luck. I then tried another coil and this one starting to smoke a lot and smelled like fire - the first time I connected it I forgot to prep it, I then prepped it and it still seemed like it might set on fire. Is this something I can fix? Or will I have to buy another tank? The one I have is only a few weeks old and I started vaping to save money, not spend more!

I really appreciate any help or advice!
You save money if you stick at one device, but the key aspect to vaping isn’t the cost savings - it’s the 95% health benefit

Back
Top Bottom